“A must in Ceylon”
Review of Nuwara Eliya and Tea Country - CLOSED

Nuwara Eliya and Tea Country
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Very Informative, worth doing even with kids. No expectation or pressure to buy anything. Interesting to see both the old and new technology and traditional tea pickers.

All reviews
in 40 reviews
"factories"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed July 20, 2014

lovely views .. train between Ella and Nuwara Elia wonderful way to see the countryside. There is a special viewing carriage with glass enclosure.

1  Thank cleopatraCapeTown
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Amazing views of tea hills
Not good journey if you get travel sickness
Great education on tea making
Lots of people asking for money which is very sad as it's a poor area

Reviewed July 15, 2014

The tea plantations are wonderful to visit. The climate is much cooler than on the coast and you can always see people going about their daily lives picking tea.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 13, 2014

So I was sick (literally) and overworked with my city life in UAE. And I took this break to this place. The moment I started the journey I could feel that my eyes were cooling off my body was relaxing and I was able to calm myself down. I am a kind of person who carries office in my head.. and trust me within minutes into the journey I never wanted to return.. this place teaches you a lesson that people were more happy when there were lesser choices, malls, commercialism, race for getting richer -

Like all reviews said tea plantations are worth a visit and try to have tea there. you can buy your tea packets from there as well.

Also you can buy Srilanka's cups etc.

Botanical garden is another thing to visit.

Visit the lake.

I am so planning to return back.

2  Thank TravelFreaks86