Midky Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Elia Hills Hotel(Nuwara Eliya)
View Hotel
Mount View Hotel(Nuwara Eliya)
  • Restaurant
Rising Lion Inn(Nuwara Eliya)
Winter Cottage(Nuwara Eliya)
View Hotel
The Hill Club(Nuwara Eliya)
  • Breakfast included
Windsor Hotel(Nuwara Eliya)
View Hotel
The Hill Town Cottage(Nuwara Eliya)
View Hotel
The Grand Hotel(Nuwara Eliya)
View Hotel
All reviewsmr kumarbeautiful mountain viewsri lankavegetarian breakfasthot watersmall hotelmain townstayed one nightenjoyed my stayelectric heaterrooms were very cleana wonderful staythe hotel staffcomfortable stayhotel is situatedhorton plainstea fields
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We had a great stay in Midky Hotel. The staff are truely wonderful and nothing is too much trouble. They helped organise our trips, prepared packed lunches, truely great service. The hotel is very nice with a spectacular view. There are cheaper places in town and I feel the room rate was a bit too high.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I think we were the only guests staying and they must have upgraded us to the honeymoon suite (the room matched the description on their flyer). The room was very clean, modern and comfortable. The glass wall on the bathroom was a bit odd - would prefer normal wall!
Very friendly and attentive staff provide service with a smile.
Forgot to turn on water heater before shower - so it was cold - my fault they did tell me how to use it!
We ate in in the evening, but the food was not very nice (as they were quiet maybe the chef wasn't in?). Breakfast was nice with the usual delicious Sri Lankan fruit and choice of eggs plus bacon and sausages.
Not great value (once you include the government tax), and I thought on the whole Nuwara Eliya accommodation options were overpriced - I'd recommend carrying on for a few hours to Ella which is really nice. In particular the Waterfalls Guesthouse!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tom P
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I stayed in Midky hotel for 4 nights with another couple of my friends. before I booked this hotel I checked the Tripadvisor reviews and I was a bit concerned about some reviews, we booked it anyway because my husband liked the look of it. I am very pleased to say my stay was fantastic! I mean it was great value for money. I need to make a point to guests who are visiting here, if you don't know how to use any equipment always call the staff - they are very helpful. In some reviews I saw they have mentioned an oven in the room, its actually a romantic electric fire place! I am sure those guests did not know how to use it maybe it was the same issue with the hot water? We stayed in two rooms and when we checked in one of the front office staff came and explained how to use the fire place and hot water, I didn't remember how to use it and when I opened the tap it was so cold, its my fault really turns out I opened the cold water valve, so I phoned them and they came and explained it again. The staff are so lovely, very friendly service. However, the alarm clock in our room was not working and I think if they planted more flowers in the garden it would be nicer.

The Sri Lankan food was great, and everyone enjoyed the English Breakfast.

I hope this helps any other guests who are thinking of going to Midky!

Room Tip: Room 102 has the best view!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Becky D
Reviewed November 6, 2012

The hotel invested money and time to improve this place. The staff is trying hard to please. The room and bed are ok and the electric oven is a nice and necessary touch. Nice but not breath taking view over the valley and surrounding hills.

As mentioned by other reviewers, the water is lukewarm at best. By reducing the cold water inflow into the small water heater, it is possible to somewhat increase the water temperature. The biggest issue is however the mold in the shower (not uncommon in Sri Lankan hotels given the humidity). Much worse is the mold in our actual bedroom behind the curtains. Not surprising when one notices how close the outside earthwall is (the hotel was built into a hill). The mold is due to some design mistake. Overall the room felt damp and humid despite the electric oven (which however made it bearable). The hotel is also clearly overpriced (at over USD 90 per night for a double room and breakfast). The breakfast is served in a nice setting with view of the valley. The food in itself is very basic and does not reflect the price paid.

Room Tip: avoid rooms with mold
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Hotel price very high ,No standard compare with the hotel price and rating.On agoda 3 star class hotel but no 3 star standard compare with rates and facilities .i think better to give proper star.If not travelers think wrong image and after departure they are making negative reviews.this is not negative image about midky.

Room Tip: Very expensive compare with hotel facilities.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple