Collingwood Hotel
Amaya Langdale(Nuwara Eliya)
$155
Araliya Green City(Nuwara Eliya)
$178
$143
The Grand Hotel(Nuwara Eliya)
$2,952
$149
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Hill Pride City Hotel(Nuwara Eliya)
$69
$51
Heritance Tea Factory(Nuwara Eliya)
$342
Travelocity
Midky Hotel(Nuwara Eliya)
$65
$61
The Blackpool Hotel(Nuwara Eliya)
$238
$138
$116
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 3, 2014

IF YOU ARE A FOREIGNER PLEASE KEEP AWAY FROM THESE CHEATERS
Booked a room by contacting booking.com, gave the credit card number and did everything to secure a room as I am an Australian traveling to Nuwara Eliya from Kandy on my bicycle. Received an email confirming the booking with a booking number and so on.
Arrived in Nuwara Eliya around 6.30 PM, tired and hungry thinking of having a good sleep before riding around the countryside next day. When the booking was made on line I gave my name which is singhalese (from my fathers side) and settled for the advertised rate. After arriving at the hotel they approached me and started to communicate and realised that I was not a local and changed their story saying that the promised room was not available and asked me to pay almost double for another room.
I immediately contacted booking.com but nothing could be done and knowing that I was stranded demanded me to pay the higher rate.
Finally I googled for an alternative place and found Royal Mount where the staff went out of their way to help me by sending a car to where I was and guiding me to their hotel without any extra cost.Their food, accommodation and service was incredible and I recommend this hotel to anyone who visits Nuwara Eliya.

Room Tip: Contact Royal Mount Nuwara Eliya
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Damon E
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

We stopped after few hours in the car for a lunch there. First, the waiter tried to orient us to expensive dishes.secondly, We ask a medium bottle of water and he bring us a big one. Hopefully it was very hot outside! But at the end of our lunch he bring the bill with 3 menus instead of 2 and try to explain that was whatever we eat just to earn more money!!! Never go on that hotel/restaurant they are not nice and professionnal.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mathsij
Reviewed February 15, 2014

They sell the room far too expensive. The bathroom stinks of mold, the shower head was broken, dust everywhere, the cushion was stone hard, internet wasn´t working.
Also, i ordered a curry in the restaurant. It came without rice..
When i received the bill the next day, i had to pay extra for the rice! And i mean a lot! .. Tax and service charge came on top!
I felt very bad when i left.
Not to recommend!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Anja S
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Owners of this hotel think that they can cheat on their guests. The first problem was the fact, that before our stay, we agreed to pay 2500 rupees per room per night, but eventually we had to pay more. Unfortunatelly at the beginning of our stay, we signed a piece of paper, where, besides personal data, were small notation, that they overcharge 10% of whole amount of money. Additionally, when we wanted to pay one day at evening, they didn't agree and said that we will pay the next day. It was because we could move to another hotel for one night, if we found out that they will overcharge us.
The second problem was the fact, that when we said at the evening that we will be leaving the next day, they turned off hot water (in Nuwara Eliyia was very cold at the time).
I don't recommend this hotel!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ewelina K
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Dont even get close to this place, they have no idea of what they do. Food desgusting after waiting more than one hour. We asked plain grilled chicken for the baby and it was covered of ketchup, onion soup cold with black burned bitter onions, steak covered of salt, chips brown and cold, sweet and sour chicken in a fluo sauce. They also charged 10% service charge without advising in the menu. Staff rude and unprofessional. Very bad experience.

• Stayed: January 2014