Tripadvisor
Nuwara Eliya
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews small hotel short stay hotel staff clean rooms nice stay two nights horton plains sri chef mr
Selected filters
Reviewed October 9, 2019 via mobile

Fantastic short stay only 3 nights. Fantastic staff. Very friendly and nothing too much. My only issue was the pillows too firm for me but when I mentioned this got a lovely soft one delivered to my room.
The house cocktail was great and the bartender exceptional.
I had booked a transfer through hotel by Blands travel on arrival but they didn’t turn up. However I had no problem getting a taxi.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed March 26, 2019

I want to let you know how much I appreciate the wonderful service and hospitality you have provided during our stay on 9th of January. Rooms were fresh and comfortable, service in the restaurant was warm and gracious. And the meals were wonderful.
Thank you for making my guests so happy.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 22, 2019 via mobile

When we booked this hotel we knew it was cheaper than others in the area so certainly weren’t expecting luxury but what we experienced was very disappointing! Firstly, we ate in the restaurant on the first night and the food was terrible! They were unable to offer several dishes, mumbling but without being clear that the chef was not working. If that was the case we would have preferred them to be upfront rather than persuading us to order other dishes which were terrible! We also had to wait over an hour for our food, despite being the only people in the restaurant!

Our other main problem was that the rooms are not sound proof in the slightest. On 2 of our 3 nights at the hotel, there was live music being played at a venue next door and it literally sounded like we were in the same room! I couldn’t believe how loud it was in our room (and I can usually sleep through most noise!) The music went on until 1am, and when you are getting up at 4:30 to go to Horton Plains this is not ideal! When I expressed my frustration at this to a staff member, he just shrugged his shoulders and said there was nothing they could do. How about investing some money in your hotel to get double glazed windows?! We also had small flies in our room which bothered us throughout the night.

The rooms are basic but they are clean, which is what I was expecting. Just a shame everything else let it down so much. It’s clearly in need of having some money spent on it to do it up a bit!

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2019

I used this hotel for two nights while on a bird watching tour throughout southern Sri Lanka. My room was quite nice and spacious while the bathroom was satisfactory. What meals we did have in the hotel were ok, although the service was quite slow, but the waiters were very pleasant and tried to be as helpful as they could. Definitely a 3 star (no more or no less), a lot depends on your attitude! It is a bit of a drive off the main highway up a steep rocky road to the hotel, but I had no complaints...

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 5, 2019 via mobile

The staff is very friendly and helpful. Rooms are spacious and very clean. Our overall stay was good but I feel overpriced considering the lack of views and slightly shabby appearance. Still, we had a nice stay as a family, playing card games in the lobby lounge. The lunch was excellent but not so great in the evening... Apparently the chef was off sick.

Date of stay: January 2019