“Great Value”
Review of Sampath Hotel

Sampath Hotel
Ranked #34 of 264 Nuwara Eliya B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 26, 2013

i spent 1 night here, very friendly staff, comfortable beds, lots of hot water, had a great curry here plenty of food. Quite location that is Walking distance to the centre of town. I recomend this GH, I Would stay here again

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Room: clean, spacious enough. Friendly staff, very good food, convenient location.
I can confidently recommend this GH.
When you're sitting in the dining room, you see very clean kitchen through the door. It always says something :)
Confidently recommend this GH for any class of travelers.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank mikusie
Reviewed January 11, 2013

a driver took us to this guest house and we stayed here for 1 night.
the rooms were damp and both towels and sheets were used ones.They have not changed any of it from the previous night.We saw hair on the pillows and sheets.We had to stay the night here as it was really late and cold.
the room was smelly and very dark.
definitely not a place to stay if you want clean rooms.
the price was ok and affordable but we have stayed in guesthouses which offers you better service for cheaper rates.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

Our driver bought us here after an issue with another guest house. My friend and i were really impressed with value for money. We stayed one night, ate both dinner and breakfast in-house both of which were delicious. Beds were comfy, tv had good reception and shower had hot water. Definitely recommend to the budget traveller! Oh and they accept visa and mastercard - a rarity for guest houses.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I stayed here much longer than expected since I arrived to Nuwara Eliya with a fever and then spent 3 days recovering. I was very happy to have such comfortable and friendly place to spend all this time in and for my last night I had to move to another place next door, because Sampath Rest was full and I felt the difference. Sampath was actually a blessing. I paid 30 USD for a single room in high season (over Xmas) and felt it was ok deal; similar price to other places my agent organized but actually this one was on a nicer side.
I liked that the room was spacious and there were very good thick blankets. Everything was clean. The location was convenient, not far from town center, easy to walk everywhere. I also loved the food there. Since I was confined to the hotel at least for 2 first days I ate some small dishes and they were really delicious... actually better than I had in the "best" restaurants in town later on. Everything was freshly prepared... the soups absolutely the best. The breakfast was also very good, hearty and big.
Above all I appreciated the kindness and attention of the staff. I was really greatful for all their help and concern. Almost overwhelmed :).
Anyways, would definitely stay there again if I pass by and also recommend this place.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed April 15, 2012

All measured by comparison - This is one of the best places we got in SL on this price. The rooms is really not equipped with quality and style, but the room was clean, the bed sheets were clean also. There was a Satelite TV and No AC(it is not really needed in Nuwara Elie, I guess).
The location is good - 5 minutes by foot to the town centre (there is nothing to do there, be aware:)), the same 5 minutes by foot to the Local botanical garden.

The stuff of the hotel was very friendly and helpful.
The breakfast was really great and tasty - all from the fresh local ingredients!!

Room Tip: NO tips for room. Go to De Silva food centre to eat, 5 minutes by foot.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kyem
Reviewed January 23, 2012

The rooms are old and carpeted, cold water in the shower, smelly towels. Walls are very thin. The price was 55 USD for a room (3 beds, 2 people / separate room for driver), including breakfast.
Apparently we were the only guests, though our driver complained about a rather loud other fellow arriving in the night.
We got packed breakfast (sandwiches & banana), as we started early the next day to Horton Plains (negotiated by our driver).
Host didn't seem interested in having guests. One single travelling woman was turned away. Seemingly we just got a room because of our driver. Maybe they don't like negotiating in English.
It takes 10 mins by foot or 2 mins by Tuktuk to the town center. I recommend eating at one of the cafés there. Good food for about 200 Rupees.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple