Amaya Langdale
Ferncliff(Nuwara Eliya)
$105
The Grand Hotel(Nuwara Eliya)
$3,043
$135
  • Restaurant
Nidwalden Resort(Nuwara Eliya)(Great Value!)
$46
$41
Heritance Tea Factory(Nuwara Eliya)
$268
$113
Chez Allen(Nuwara Eliya)(Great Value!)
$39
$60
Priceline
Stafford Bungalow(Nuwara Eliya)
$257
All reviewsboutique hotelgrass tennis courtheated poolsmall hotelsri lankatea plantationputting greenmain citymanicured lawnspool tablebreathtaking viewstwo nightsfantastic staynanu oyarice and currystayed for one nightthe hotel manager
Reviewed April 17, 2014

This is a small property with a personalized service. It is a good hotel if you just want to chill out and not move about. It is quite a distance away from Nuwara Eliya but the road is scenic. A quiet 3-4 days vacation home. I would recommend this hotel. Rajesh Pillai

Room Tip: Mountain facing room
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Amazing staff who'll make you feel comfortable and at home. Bumpy road but I don't really remember it as much I remember my time in the hotel. Beautiful place. Opening the windows at dawn felt like I was in a dream where clouds sneak in the room and fresh air fills your lungs..

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Problems with the hotel include:
The heated pool was broken (but they did not advertise that it was broken).
They did not have a masseuse available when we wanted to get a spa (even though they advertise a masseuse).
Their billiard table does not include a full set of pool balls.
The hotel also is 1 hour away from the town of Nuwara Eliya.
No drivers' quarters.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Hiran R
Reviewed March 13, 2014

My wife and I visited this lovely hotel late February 2014 and the review below is an exact match of our experience. Wonderful staff , amazing food, especially the rice and curry meal and the lovely afternoon teas as well as the early morning trip to Horton Plains however we cut our stay one night short ( 2 instead of 3) because of that horrendous road from NE - even our driver wouldn't subject his car to the road - would find it hard to recommend a stay here to friends without knowing that 16kms doesn't need to take 1+ hours.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Michael E
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I don't know how anyone can write a review of this hotel without warning others that you have to endure a horrible, bumpy ride on a windy mud road that is under construction and won't be finished for a long time yet. It took us 45 minutes of a nauseating ride by van from Nuwara Eliya at the end of a long day of driving from Colombo and Kandy. We arrived at the hotel all shook up, literally! The condition of the road means you're mostly marooned here. So you must know this, first, and be warned.

Having said that, this is a lovely small hotel, set in beautiful tea plantation scenery. The staff are friendly and try their best always. My wife and I stayed two nights, and the meals here were the best in our week in Sri Lanka. Chef Sanjay is a gem. His Sri Lankan rice and curry sets make for a fabulous spread of wonderful, varied vegetables and chutneys, with a choice of fish or meat curry. I could eat there every day for a month and not be bored!

I'm giving it four stars because of the staff and food. The room was pleasant and comfortable. It should be five stars if access was less harrowing, and would be three stars or less if staff or food falter. I wish we could have organized short drives to see more of the nearby area, the tea pluckers in action, or even visited the school the estate children walk to every day. But that awful road is just so off-putting. We left the hotel only once, for the must-do excursion to the incredible Horton's Plains.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple