We stayed at this hotel as a family for 1 night.
The hotel arouses mixed feelings: it could either be 2 stars or 5 stars, all depending on your luck.
I will start with the positive attributes of the hotel:
• The location is amazing. Even the bumpy road that was under construction didn't spoil the trip (much). There is a wonderful view of rolling green hills and tea plantations. The air is crisp and so fresh you can drink it.
• We were greeted with tea and delicious cakes.
• The hotel is clean. Very clean. Extremely clean. I would give it 100% for cleanliness, except for the black fingerprints on the white doors.
• The wi-fi signal was received everywhere in the grounds.
• The room decor was nice, and the beds were comfortable.
• The hotel has manicured grounds - not a blade of grass out of place.
• Breakfast was the most memorable we experienced during our trip in Sri Lanka - outside tables with a mountain view, fresh juices and fruit platters, not to mention the divine waffles!
• Adapters and extension cords were provided with the room.
Now for the problems:
• The personnel were helpful, but they couldn't help us with the out-of-order swimming pool.
• Dinner was not that great at all - my children didn't even finish their pizza, and the green salad was just a shredded cabbage.
• Boutique hotels aren't supposed to have more than 5 rooms. This one has 16. During our stay, most of them were occupied so the hotel was overcrowded. After dinner, my children went to bed and my husband and I decided to go to the bar. There was another couple there watching the television and all was well until a family with 2 children came in and began a piano lesson. They played so loudly that we were forced to leave - but all the outside tables were full so the only option remaining was to go to bed. However, our room was right above the aforementioned outside tables so we could hear everything the people below were saying and found it very difficult to fall asleep. They indubitably had the same problem in the morning as we left the hotel very early and probably woke them up.
So if the hotel had been underbooked we would have had a 5-star experience. After leaving the hotel I was ready to give it only 2 or 3.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The winding brook dances off the crystal veil of the Devon Falls and prances through perfectly manicured Tea gardens that date back to the 18th-century caressing them from above are the azure heavens that date back to the beginning of time itself… The Langdale sits proud amidst this theatre of pure indulgence. An exclusive luxury boutique space designed to inspire the senses, tickle the imagination, rejuvenate mind, body and soul. The pursuit of happiness must surely end here! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Amaya Langdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Langdale By Amaya Hotel Nuwara Eliya