“Lovely view and tasty food ”

Edinburgh TEA TRAIN
Ranked #15 of 76 Restaurants in Nuwara Eliya
Description: Edinburgh TEA TRAIN is an ethical and environmental friendly tea center serving the world's finest handpicked teas from the Edinburgh tea estate, Sri Lankan snacks, and desserts. It is located at Nanu Oya (2 mins drive north from Nanu Oya Railway Station or 15 mins drive from Nuwara Eliya). It is the best for tea and snacks after or before a long ride of train.
Reviewed July 6, 2019 via mobile

We missed their Chicken kebab meal because we were little late for lunch. Though they have a limited variety of food, they are worth for money. Masala chai was so tasty and I love the freshly fried fish rolls.
The place is so clean and the toilets are maintained well.
Shankar is very cooperative and served us diligently.
Next time before I go there I will surely call Shankar and order the kebab meal because I don’t want to miss it again.

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a reviewReviews (47)

Reviewed June 26, 2019

We were here just for the view. We had seen this place on our way to Nuwara Eliya from Nanu Oya Station and had decided to give it a visit. The view from this place was amazing.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed April 15, 2019

We stopped here en route to Nuwara Eliya from Nanu-Oya train station and had a vanilla and masala tea. It was a beautiful rest stop to have a decent cup of tea whilst looking over at the tea plantations.

Reviewed March 31, 2019 via mobile

This place has the best fish cutlet and masala chai. Our waiter Shankar has given us great recommendations to choose and also took some awesome pictures. Their chocolate and butter cake was one of a kind. Fruit and nut ice cream was good as well.

Reviewed March 21, 2019 via mobile

With a variety of tea and informative staff, I tasted three different teas against the beautiful backdrop of the tea plantations. The staff were able to answer all my questions about the tea and made me feel very welcomed. I ended up buying two of the three teas I tried because they were delicious! I highly recommend a stop over at this spot.