We got married at the Heritance Hotel 3 weeks ago and I must say that it was a “DREAM WEDDING”. We had close to 100 guests attending from all over the world, many of whom were in Sri Lanka for the first time. We were also hosting 4 functions (3 dinners and a lunch), all to be coordinated by the hotel whom we had been interacting with mainly through email and phone calls (aside from a couple of visits to the hotel during the initial stages of planning). We were a bit concerned about how things would pan out over the three days of festivities and I have to say that we could not have been happier!!!
During the evenings of our celebrations, it was expected to rain and the hotel did a great job to meet with us to discuss alternate locations for the functions in the event of rain. Even the alternate locations were all different places as we wanted to make sure we had different venues to create a different vibe for each of our functions.
The chefs of the hotel held separate meetings with us to ensure that the menus were what we wanted. They delivered to all our needs, including creating figurines for our wedding cake that were wearing the same outfits my husband and I had on for the wedding!!! Additionally, a friend of ours had specific dietary needs and the staff at the functions made it a point to find it and give him his specially created meals.
Our Friday evening function was to be held on an island outside the hotel but due to the threat of rain, we cancelled that and decided to reschedule it for the next day at lunchtime- quite a last minute decision! The hotel took charge of all the logistics and we had an incredible lunch the next day at the Island catered to by the hotel. We even wanted to rent a boat that was already on the lake to serve our guests drinks while they were taking a boat ride, and even on that the hotel delivered!!!!!
On the day of our main event, it started to rain during our outdoor sit-down dinner. In less than 5 minutes (and I am NOT exaggerating), the hotel had moved us into the alternate location and we were back into the swing of our celebrations!!
Sampath (the Assistant Manager at the hotel), the Chefs, the F&B team, Kay Kay and the rest of the staff bent over backwards to accommodate us at every instant, even when we had less formal dinners and meals before and after the wedding celebrations.
In addition to this, the hotel rooms were very nice and the hotel accommodated all our requests in terms of room and needs. The ambiance itself of the hotel is great- the hotel is the perfect size: small enough where we could run into and mingle with our guests during the day and also large enough where our guests could have their own space and time.
So in the end, we managed to have cocktails on the beach at sunset, dinner in the lawns, dancing in the nightclub, wedding ceremony on the beach, sit down dinner on another set of lawns, a welcome dinner in the open air at yet another location in the hotel and a great boat ride followed by an incredible lunch on an Island.
It is a wonderful place to host a wedding and the hotel made sure that we got everything we wanted and made our wedding even more perfect!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to a beach hotel where style and substance mix like a classic cocktail. Just as the turquoise infinity pool seems to blend into the ultramarine Indian Ocean, award-winning cuisine fuses the best of east and west. Welcome to Heritance Ahungalla, where we weave a little magic into your holiday memories while promising you the finest hospitality and best luxury services among Sri Lanka beach hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Heritance Ahungalla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritance Ahungalla Hotel Ahungalla
- Ahungalla Heritance Hotel
- Heritance Hotel Ahungalla