We stayed at this hotel in May 2007 as part of a Kuoni holiday after a tour of the island. The hotel is in excellent condition having being refurbished after the Tsunami. The rooms are spacious with all expected conveniences. Shame that only 10 rooms out of 155 were occupied when we visited as it's a fantastic place to relax. The hotel staff were attentive, maybe a bit too much but that is to be expected with so few guests. The food was exceptional, great choice and different meals every night. Ahungalla village is a bit quiet, there are no places to eat and no bars nearby, the nearest restaurant being Kosgoda Beach Hotel. If staying at the hotel gets a bit boring, take a trip on the train. A half hour journey to Bentota costs 5p!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to a beach hotel where style and substance mix like a classic cocktail. Just as the turquoise infinity pool seems to blend into the ultramarine Indian Ocean, award-winning cuisine fuses the best of east and west. Welcome to Heritance Ahungalla, where we weave a little magic into your holiday memories while promising you the finest hospitality and best luxury services among Sri Lanka beach hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Heritance Ahungalla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritance Ahungalla Hotel Ahungalla
- Ahungalla Heritance Hotel
- Heritance Hotel Ahungalla