Heritance Ahungalla
$169
Agoda.com
$280
3,713 results
All reviewssri lankagreen poolluxury roommain poolbeautiful hotelmain restaurantgeoffrey bawafive star hotelinfinity poolrelaxing holidaylovely beachspecial thanksbuffet restaurantrestaurant staffour honeymoonhalf boardsea view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 29, 2014

This is the most difficult review I have written so far. The hotel has two parts – one is brilliant and another is terrible. Therefore I summed everything up and evaluated it as average.
Brilliant points:
Extensive, very clean beach with clean ocean water.
Fantastic pool area (two pools fit for any taste) with very good service.
Nice reception, pleasant and airy open lobby.
Beautiful grounds with veritable zoo: variety of birds, squirrels, shy langur monkeys, almost friendly molitors, etc.
Superb food both at evening and morning buffet.
Terrible points:
Rooms and bathrooms are outdated, dirty, smelly (sometimes smell of sewage is overwhelming) and ill-kept, some may be cockroachy. After one night I asked to change my room on the ground floor which totally awful to only slightly better on the first floor (at least with more light).
Housekeeping is poor: rooms are not cleaned until very late and then, several hours later, in the evening there comes house keeping again for god knows what reason. Also in the dining area at one point the floor was slippery because of spilt fat and remained so for at least two days.
Hotel spa prices are more than exorbitant, go for massage to the village.
Beware when dealing in cash: bad exchange rate (and different than told at the reception) the cashier cheats (tried to swindle me and one of our group too), so count your money carefully.
Even when in the hotel grounds (and especially on beach) you are periodically accosted by touts, seller of various goods, tuk tuk drivers, etc. If you leave the grounds and go to the village you are immediately swarmed with “helpers” who tussle between themselves and finally you will have one fixed “leach” who will follow all the time offering all kinds of goods and services.
So, if you are indifferent to the room you sleep in, the hotel is perfectly all right, even great. But otherwise consider other possibilities.

Room Tip: Never take the rooms on the ground floor unless they open direct to the pool.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank acorna
Ahungalla_Heritance, General Manager at Heritance Ahungalla, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your feedback while on holiday at Heritance Ahungalla. Whilst being very disappointed about the comments that you have made, we are also happy to note that there are certain areas of our hotel that you have appreciated and enjoyed. I am extremely sorry to note that your stay with us has not been quite like you envisaged it to be, due to the facts mentioned by you in your review. First of all thank you for taking the time to share them with us and keeping us informed of them. I am truly sorry that these few shortcomings have spoiled your much awaited holiday. I have personally looked into all the areas that you have mentioned in your review and have spoken with my Rooms Division Manager regarding the cleanliness of the rooms. We have immediately put the room in question out of order to do a thorough cleaning and we have done a good clean up now. I am extremely sorry with regard to the inconvenience that you had to suffer due to all these shortcomings. Your comment about the transactions at the Cashier has been noted by me and I have up dated my Finance Manager to check on the cashiers on how they deal with our guests. Thank you for bringing this to our notice.

We take great pride in providing our guests with exceptional service experiences and we truly apologize for not being able to deliver on this promise. Nothing is more important to us than regaining your trust and we hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back at Heritance Ahungalla in the near future and provide you with a positive Heritance Ahungalla experience.

Until we see you back in Heritance Ahungalla take care and keep in touch.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Its a beautiful place, but we missed the hotel coming because their was no sign going towards Colombo. So we had to drive back to get to the hotel. The rooms were good and spacious, but the TV has to be in a better angle as it wasn't facing the bed. The food was very good, and had a lot of variety to choose from. The toilets were big and clean, which was a great thing. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The beach was a bit rough but very good. We definitely will visit this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Ahungalla_Heritance, General Manager at Heritance Ahungalla, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for selecting Heritance Ahungalla as your holiday destination. Thank you also for taking time and trouble to share with us your holiday experience on the Trip Advisor. We are extremely delighted by your positive comments and star rating. However we have noted the small improvements that you have mentioned in your review and we will take immediate measures to rectify these areas. Thank you for brining them to our notice. We trust that you and your family left our home happy and relaxed. We look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel dueing your next holiday too. Please keep us up dated when your plans are made. Until then take care and keep in touch.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

very clean, quiet place with super friendly staffs.
Breakfast and dinner superior. Lunch we did not take.
From our side a 100% recommandation.
If possible we would choose this Hotel again.
Never hade more friendly and polite staffs before

Room Tip: Better view at pool and ocean on 3th floor, But all rooms are quiet and good.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank h_abraham

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for selecting Heritance Ahungalla as your holiday destination. Thank you also for taking the time and trouble to comment about your holiday experience on the Trip Advisor. We are delighted by the very positive comments and the star rating given by you. We hope you went home fully relaxed and rejuvenated after your holiday in Sri Lanka. Looking forward to having you back with us during your next holiday too. Please keep us up dated if you make any plans. Until then take care and keep in touch.

Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Room= nice bed, good view nice balcony alot of ants though. Kind of a walk and no lift. Spacious. NO IRON.
Bathroom= overall good bathroom clean and we'll equipped.
Restaurant=
A La carte= expensive for pasta and one pasta looked freshly made other looked like it had been in the microwave and it was disgusting even the waiter said it wasn't good.But didn't care. Kind pushy for us to get drinks when we specified water 3 times. Food took 2 long and like I said quality was bad.
Buffet= nice buffet girl was good and since my wife didn't eat just wanted pineapple she said it was ok and let us just get pineapple and one buffet so she was friendly. Really good variety and service was good.
Breakfeast= breakfeast was ok. Only happy person was the one making our waffles this was April 27 by the way. He was answering our questions and was good at what he was doing always working.
Asked for late check out and got it til 2 thank you very much.
And also check out was the worst. Fyi always get an outside cab hotel gets you a cab. EXPENSIVE and not worth it. And waited 20 minutes for my bags to come down( the lift is only for them). Beach however is awesome just people trying to sell u things as soon as u put one foot out the hotel. Beach was empty so perfect only me my wife and like 2 other people. Awesome beach.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank adalvasquez

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for selecting Heritance Ahungalla as your holiday destination. Thank you also for taking the time and trouble to share with us your holiday experience. Although you have made a lot of positive comments about the hotel, I am very concerned about the remark you have made about our staff. Whilst thanking you for bringing these shortcomings to our notice, I would like to sincerely apologise to you for the inconvenience that was caused to you due to negligence of service from our service staff. I have immediately had a chat with my F&B Manager to trace the staff member who was on duty at the Coffee Shop last week-end (27th April,). We will definitely have a chat with the concerned staff member with regard to his attitude and service and will ensure that he will never repeat this type of mistakes again while on duty at Heritance Ahungalla. However I sincerely hope that this small mistake will not stop you from visiting us again and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel. Please keep us informed when you are coming again so that we can be ready to give you a warm welcome back and ensure that you and your wife will have a fantastic holiday with us. Until then take care and keep in touch.

Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Rooms are not clean at all, I was waiting to see all type of animals but not mouses passing near the rooms.it smell really disgusting especially when u are in the breakfast and dinner and u don't have anything to eat even cheese is crispy because of the long time stay outside!
Don't hesitate to choose another hotel!!!

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your feedback while on holiday. However we are extremely disappointed to note that your stay with us has not been quite like you envisaged it to be, due to many shortcomings pointed out by you. Whilst thanking you for bringing these to my knowledge please accept my humble apologies for any discomfort that you may have had to undergo due to these shortcomings. I have discussed your review with all my Department Heads and we will definitely look into all the areas that you have mentioned and will immediately rectify them. We hope that you would consider changing your opinion about our hotel and will visit us again and given us the opportunity to take care of you and ensure that you exceed your expectations during your next holiday with us. Until then take care and keep in touch.