Just returned from an 11 night stay at Heritance Ahungalla and already making plans to return.
Check in was fast and faultless. The room was well appointed, spotless and, considering the amount of guests, quiet too. Efficiently cleaned daily (even the balcony), tea/coffee replaced, evening turn down service, couldn't fault it. Having spent a month travelling,in Sri Lanka, this was by far the best hotel of my trip. Breakfast buffet was something to look forward too with a superb and varied choice. The evening meals had a different theme with a massive array of western and asian dishes, all cooked and presented at a high standard. After a longish stay at a hotel, buffet meals can sometimes become a bit tedious with a longing to eat elsewhere, but despite several beach cafe choices, we were never tempted away from the quality food served at the hotel. Getting tea and coffee could require a bit of patience in the mornings but this is not logged as a complaint just a niggle when you need your early morning caffiene fix. The pools are amongst the best I saw in Sri Lanka, cleaned daily, the grounds kept neat and tidy and the beach vendors kept at bay by security and a respected boundry line although they do become a complete nusiance shouting and calling out to try and sell their goods but after a couple of days they tend to get the hang of who is worth pursuing and who needs to keep having sales tactics applied to. Beach is a beautiful mile plus of fine sand backed by palm trees and suprisingly free of plastic debris; not totally free but judged against standards of some asian beaches and the collection of bags etc that gets washed up, it's a gem. Only problem is that a walk along this beach is punctuated by the attention of several 'best friends' you never knew you had that want to get you to a cafe/gem shop/ tour but a firm 'no thanks' seems to be respected. There is a handy wine shop to the right of the hotel and several little shops that sell most stuff you could need but don't let any of the men that pounce on you the moment you walk through the gate follow you or continue any sort of converstion as they will be clocking a commission at your expense for taking you to the shop. They get the plan and politely telling them to stop, stay here and don't follow me is respected and didn't cause offence. Would I return to this hotel, too right I will. Would I recommend it, absolutely without hesitation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to a beach hotel where style and substance mix like a classic cocktail. Just as the turquoise infinity pool seems to blend into the ultramarine Indian Ocean, award-winning cuisine fuses the best of east and west. Welcome to Heritance Ahungalla, where we weave a little magic into your holiday memories while promising you the finest hospitality and best luxury services among Sri Lanka beach hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Heritance Ahungalla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritance Ahungalla Hotel Ahungalla
- Ahungalla Heritance Hotel
- Heritance Hotel Ahungalla