This hotel is a joyous masterpiece of design and makes full use of the flora by blurring the distinction between outdoors and indoors. All corridors and most public spaces are open to the outside. The gardens are extremely spacious and sun bed and umbrellas can be placed to give a maximum amount of privacy - there is certainly no fighting for sun beds round the pool! To keep you company in the gardens are water monitors and chipmunks.
The staff are all unfailingly cheerful and friendly and always willing to engage in conversation. On one occasion the Sous Chef, Roshan stopped for a conversation in the dining room and when we asked about the kitchen he invited us to look round. The hotel is very proud of its culinary accomplishments, winning prizes at international competitions and the quality of the food certainly reflects this.
The value of the pound against the SR Rupee makes this a reasonably priced holiday, and even the prices at a hotel of this standard are reasonable (except the wine list).
Galle is in easy reach by car. We hired a car with driver and guide for 8000 Rupees and apart from simply going to Galle our guide, Pippi, also stopped at a mask museum, the tsunami memorial and a moonstone mine, none of which we asked for but which enhanced the trip. The journey itself is of interest and highlights the devastation of the 2004 tsunami and the efforts made to repair the damage.
An unforgettable holiday and well worth going, the only downside being the length of the flights!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to a beach hotel where style and substance mix like a classic cocktail. Just as the turquoise infinity pool seems to blend into the ultramarine Indian Ocean, award-winning cuisine fuses the best of east and west. Welcome to Heritance Ahungalla, where we weave a little magic into your holiday memories while promising you the finest hospitality and best luxury services among Sri Lanka beach hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Heritance Ahungalla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritance Ahungalla Hotel Ahungalla
- Ahungalla Heritance Hotel
- Heritance Hotel Ahungalla