As the title says, this was my second trip to Sri Lanka. I was determined not to repeat any destination. The only exception I made was for Heritance Ahungalla, because I had had the most amazing time there on my previous visit. And I couldnt imagine going to Sri Lanka without staying at Ahungalla atleast for a short while. I was not disappointed. In fact, I was so surprised because they have made an already excellent property even better. We drove straight 7 hours from Kandalama, so we werent feeling too good when we arrived. But the moment we arrived, we were surrounded by smiling , caring faces who whisked us away, sat us down, gave us cool towels, refreshing drinks within seconds without once hassling us unnecessarily about things. Check in was smooth. We were given an upgrade to a luxury suite (we had booked a regular one). Not only us , but the family travelling with us was also given an upgrade to match us. The moment they heard it was our second visit, nothing was too much to ask. The rooms were great. The property looked absolutely fabulous. The manager called us up to find out if we were comfortable and whether we were happy with the room. WE had a lovely meal at the coffee shop , and we were soo well served by Dharshana. Infact, Dharshana really made our stay for the next two days special by looking after our every need. Nothing was too much to do for him. Next morning, we were given an upgrade to their best suite on the top floor. My son was especially excited because it is named after Sachin TEndulkar and has many of his memorabilia on display. He actually stayed there. The two pools , the beach , the food are all to die for. They have now installed a lift which was missing earlier.Every request is fulfilled with a smile. There are activities planned by the hour eg pool aerobics, water polo...very enjoyable and relaxing day spent. Lots of things to do and very peaceful as well, if you prefer. The beach is as pretty as ever.. But what really makes it special are the people, the service, and the smiling faces. Thanks everyone, and especially Dharshana. We hope to be back soon.
Food was excellent as always. However, I think some additions are required to the vegetarian menu, especially for Indian guests. I also sorely missed the seafood restaurant which existed earlier. But may I say that I seem to remember that the buffets last time were even more lavish, especially the fruits. But I was told that this isnt really the season for fruits so perhaps April is a better time to visit for that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to a beach hotel where style and substance mix like a classic cocktail. Just as the turquoise infinity pool seems to blend into the ultramarine Indian Ocean, award-winning cuisine fuses the best of east and west. Welcome to Heritance Ahungalla, where we weave a little magic into your holiday memories while promising you the finest hospitality and best luxury services among Sri Lanka beach hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Heritance Ahungalla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritance Ahungalla Hotel Ahungalla
- Ahungalla Heritance Hotel
- Heritance Hotel Ahungalla