We decided to stay at Heritance Ahungalla during our recent trip to Sri Lanka for two reasons... 1. The taj At bentota was under renovation and 2. People generally had good things to say about it. However our experience was OK.
Rooms- they are clean, decent size, comfortable beds...but they were somehow a little dull.. Otherwise the rooms were quite clean and the housekeeping generally was good. We had a beautiful view of the sea from the room
Food was expensive in the fine dining restaurants.. Buffet and coffee shop were ok though. We didn't quite like the dinner buffet, the breakfast buffet was decent.
Overall hotel is ok. When you enter the lobby you don't feel that this is a luxury property. Though it's clean it's really minimalistic. They say it's the geoffery bawa minimalistic design and I personally prefer less to more but This place was actually quite bare. The pool however is very picturesque,,,and very clean.
The main disappointment however was the beach. The beach actually was ok .. clean and all but the ocean floor was not a gentle sloping floor like in bentota near taj. It's some thing like it will be 3 feet deep ten feet from the beach and then 1 foot deep when you go further. S it was quite scary for a non swimmer like me as I was not prepared for the sudden drop in the ocean floor.
The service overall was good and very courteous. However, the fact that the housekeeping staff barges into your room once u call for a check out was something I Didn't appreciate and thought it was very rude. They knock once and use their key to enter to check the minibar. They don't hv the decency to wait till we open the door or ask them to come in.
The other staff was very good. There were a lot of children at the resort and the staff was very patient with all the kids who were almost wrecking their Christmas trees and running around the buffet place like crazy
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to a beach hotel where style and substance mix like a classic cocktail. Just as the turquoise infinity pool seems to blend into the ultramarine Indian Ocean, award-winning cuisine fuses the best of east and west. Welcome to Heritance Ahungalla, where we weave a little magic into your holiday memories while promising you the finest hospitality and best luxury services among Sri Lanka beach hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Heritance Ahungalla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritance Ahungalla Hotel Ahungalla
- Ahungalla Heritance Hotel
- Heritance Hotel Ahungalla