We stayed at the Heritance Ahungalla for 2 nights at the end of October. The hotel is on the Ahungalla Beach near Bentota and is a scenically beautiful and spacious property. The view from the lobby of the pool and the sea - unbeatable!!
First day it was raining quite a bit so could not enjoy the pool and beach to the fullest... the red flags were always up at the beach and apparently the sea is not very swim worthy for novices.
Second day thankfully the sun was out and we could paddle around a bit in the sea and the pool.
Food at the hotel - what we had for dinner one day was fine, the breakfast is fairly good too.
Spa - my husband tried it out - and he said it was very very good.
The rates are fairly expensive though and we ended up paying almost as much as we would in Dubai for a similar massage!
We had a mix up with reservations and so finally landed up paying much more than the going rate (20% off rack rate) and this was sad.
Paid more than what was the current rate for a premium room for a deluxe room, and got "upgraded" to a premium room.
Reservations tried to help but since we had booked through an external agency they couldnt help much.
So I guess for all of you out there - please try a couple of time on their direct reservations site first!!
Rooms continued - Lovely sea view from the premium room, but housekeeping needed to be called in as i felt the room was not too clean. Also the drain in the bathroom was smelling and they came by and put some cinnamon oil and covered the drain with a towel!!
All in all it was a nice stay, but i would look for another option near bentota or hikkaduwa before I return to the Heritance Ahungalla.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to a beach hotel where style and substance mix like a classic cocktail. Just as the turquoise infinity pool seems to blend into the ultramarine Indian Ocean, award-winning cuisine fuses the best of east and west. Welcome to Heritance Ahungalla, where we weave a little magic into your holiday memories while promising you the finest hospitality and best luxury services among Sri Lanka beach hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, TravelClick, Hotwire, Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Heritance Ahungalla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritance Ahungalla Hotel Ahungalla
- Ahungalla Heritance Hotel
- Heritance Hotel Ahungalla