Heritance Ahungalla
$169
Agoda.com
$176
3,719 results
All reviewssri lankagreen poolluxury roommain poolbeautiful hotelmain restaurantgeoffrey bawafive star hotelinfinity poolrelaxing holidaylovely beachspecial thanksbuffet restaurantrestaurant staffour honeymoonhalf boardsea view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 18, 2011

Had mixed feelings about the hotels. I was not bad but was never 5 star. The check in could have been done in a more pleasing manner. The staff was too harsh, not even with a proper smile on the face to welcome the guests. The much needed cold towels were not provided. We stayed in a standard room and is quite ok though three's nothing outstanding. The furniture was of good quality and the rooms had a prestigious look. We stayed in a tripple and the extra bed was a total disappointment. The mattress was terrible. The verandah of the room was nice and big. Toothbrushes, tooth pastes and a shaving kit was missing in the room. I had to give a few calls to get them to my room. there was central air conditioning with temperature control, but yet the temperature controller seemed not to work right. The bathroom was ok but could have been bit more large.

The common areas of the second and the third floor was neither air conditioned nor had proper ventilation. So you can hardly relax on a sofa there.

the food was good. had nice sea food. But need to have a few notches up to get it to 5 star level.

The service was terrible. the staff is too harsh. No body has a smile on their face and you would have a real unpleasant situation. Those in the dining were ignorant of the guest's needs. During the dinner I had to ask five times to get a bottle of water. They take hours to prepare a new table. A really inefficient staff lacking the professionalism.

The two pools were really good. both really large and well maintained. The green pool has a great privacy and is much better than the main one. That of course is 5 star. The towels by the pools were too old and doesnt sute for the five star quality.

If you are finding some nice hotel to stay near Galle and if your budget permits the best would be the "The Fortress" Koggala and even the light house hotel may do better.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Ravindu F
Heritance A, General Manager at Heritance Ahungalla, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Yours Sincere Refhan Razeen, General Manager at Heritance Ahungalla

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for holidaying with us and for the valuable feedback of your experience at Heritance Ahungalla. Please accept my sincere apologies for the unpleasentness you all have experienced at the check-in. It is your valuable comments and feed back only that helps us to improve ourselves and raise the bar in our standards and the product I have made notations of the concerns made by you and have already communicated with the respective departments to ensure that these are not repeated anymore. Also I wish to inform you that we are in the process of upgrading our facilities and I will further enquire into this and take necessary corrective action to introduce tailor made training for our staff in these areas We hope that you would come back to us and look forward to giving you our best of service during your holiday.

Reviewed December 18, 2011

Stayed in September 2011 and was so impressed with this hotel that we have just returned from a further stay in December 2011.... Both stays have been excellent and exceeded our expectations. The hotel itself is extremely well kept to an excellent standard and the rooms are spotlessly clean. Staff are all very friendly and looked after us brilliantly - nothing is too much trouble! The food in the hotel can genuinely be described as fine dining and was lovely. We are in no doubt that this hotel is more than worthly of its star rating - ignore the few negative reviews here, you will have a relaxing time in a 1st class hotel! Looking forward to visiting again - Cherry and Dave (Nailsea, England).

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Dave N

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanking you for selecting Heritance Ahungalla to spend your holiday in Sri Lanka and also for taking off your valuable time to comment on the Trip Advisor about us. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our food tasty and to your liking. We look forward to having you with us again in the near future.

Reviewed December 17, 2011

architecturally very well set out right on the beach. very helpful reception staff but our room was dark and musty though when we complained a very nice room was provided. Buffet dinner was very over priced for those not on a inclusive budget and second rate anyway. After some hesitation an a la carte menu was provided in the non smoking air conditioned dining room, although at first told we should join the smokers on the terrace for this menu. The first two dinners we had were overcooked and poor and cold. A complaint to the restaurant manager brought a superb meal the next night. The message about this hotel is be prepared to complain and you will not be disappointed, when a complaint is made the staff can be very helpful.

Room Tip: room 252 we felt was better than most others though some are very large suites.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Highbrooms

Yours Sincere Refhan Razeen, General Manager at Heritance Ahungalla

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your constructive comments on the trip advisor. We have already communicated to our respective staff on the concerns made on your comments. We have also brought your comment about our food to the notice of our Executive Chef and definitely we will ensure that a repetition of this nature will not happen again. Thank you for being with us during your holiday and I sincerely hope that you would come back to us to experience the real southern Sri Lankan hospitality through us.

Reviewed December 17, 2011

We had a great time at Heritance Ahungalla from the time we stepped in. The rooms were lovely & the bathroom was earthy & nice. Very clean. Staff was great... very attentive & patient .To my utter dismay I managed to misplace my room key & was very upset but the front desk was very helpful & provided me with a tag & every time I requested for a person to be sent to open my room they were there though it was my mistake!! Finally they found the key for me!!!
Food was great & a nice spread especially for dinner & breakfast. I'm a bit difficult to please being a strict vegetarian but they were very helpful.
The ocean was the best!!!!!! Never seen such amazing waves..... I was not very keen on Bentota as most part of the beach in Bentota is not as nice as the east or the south but the ocean made up for all that & made me glad that I chose it. You could just literally walk in to the waves as the water is shallow till you reach a far point & then the gorgeous waves hit you 'bang'!! I'm sure it's great for the surfers too. We had a wonderful stay. Thank you.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher level room with the balcony facing the ocean for a wonderful view. Closer to the staircase or elevator if you're too lazy to walk as I had a to do a bit of walking to get to mine which was fine with me & as it was situated in a corner & i felt it was larger than my parents which was along the corridor.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank RoshPeiris

Dear Valued Guest,

We are very happy to have had you at our hotel during your holiday and would like to thank you for selecting us. Also please accept our thanks for taking your valuable time to comment about us in the trip advisor. We are happy to note that you have enjoyed our cuisine. We are pleased to inform you that our Chefs have just returned to our hotel after taking part at the Culinary Olympics in Erfurt clinching 15 gold medals, 14 silver medals and one bronze medal for their world class skills in culinary. Hope you will take time off again to visit us in the near future. We assure you a relaxing and rejuvenating holiday for you.

Reviewed December 10, 2011

We had such a fantastic time at Heritance Ahungalle, the food, the service and the staff were fantastic. When i did my research before our trip to SL and came across the reviews in this site and i was a bit worried about staying at Ahungalle, BUT my partner and i had an amazing time at Ahungalle. so thank you to the fantastic team for making our stay at Ahungalle really special. The staff was very pleasant and helpful and the food really great. Thank you to all at Ahungalle for a fantastic stay! We will definetely stay at Ahungalle again when we visit SL next year.
Damon and Nicky

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Damon S

Dear Valued Guest,

It is our pleasure to be taking care of you during your holiday at our hotel and we would like to say thank you for choosing us despite misgivings you may have had. We are grateful to you for the very positive comment you have made about us on the trip advisor. Thank you for taking the trouble and time to do so. We trust that you will visit us again soon and give us another opportunity to care of you and indulge you with our Sri Lankan hospitality.