“Less Amazing During Summer”
Review of Nami Island

Nami Island
Book In Advance
$50.00*
Self-Guided Day Trip to Nami Island and Chuncheon from Seoul
$109.00*
and up
No Shopping Small Group Day Trip to Nami Island, Petit France and Garden of...
$140.00*
Petit France and Nami Island Full-Day Tour from Seoul
Ranked #1 of 34 things to do in Chuncheon
Reviewed September 5, 2013

If you're just so lazy to figure out how to get to this island by taking subways, I would suggest you to purchase a package from an agency near Insadong. They charged me around 23,000 won for a day trip to Nami Island, including 2-way bus fares (Insadong-jetty), boat ride and entrance visa to the island.

We were day during summer. It was still beautiful, but less. It didn't look as amazing as that during other seasons. The island wasn't so big, but still got tired if walked around. So we rented a bike for a half hour to wander around.

There was one ice-cream stall right beside the bike-renting counter. The ice-cream was superb nice! Worth a try! Don't put too much expectation on the food sold over there. They were pricey and not delicious at all. But we had no choice, we were at the island!

2  Thank IsaacGoh90

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Naminara Republic is an hour away from Seoul, with a 5 minute boat ride from their port. The island is surrounded by nature: lush garden, scenic pine trees queued to a picture perfect background, lake for your boating and water sports, the landscape of the place is very inviting and relaxing.

We took their 30-minute shuttle tour to have a glimpse of the island. We recommend that you likewise stroll as there were places the shuttle did not reach. The island caters to all: family, friends and couples. The scenic background is good for picture taking, tables and chairs are provided for picnic, a hotel for accommodation, restaurants, bank and a UNICEF charity train.

Recommending this for all first timers in Seoul, groups and families.

1  Thank May M
Reviewed August 28, 2013

a must must visit island when you are in seoul. a great place to enjoy korea especially the scenic views of this island. famous for winter sonata and i love everything about this place. great location to snap pictures. you can even ride a bicycle. very relaxing visit. this location is just superb and very memorable. loving my Nami cap!

2  Thank jucci
Reviewed August 20, 2013

My family and I went here during our latest visit to Seoul. Its about an hour from the city. The place was as advertised. Nice ambiance with a lot to do. Perfect for picnics and photo shoots. it was well worth the trip. The cool weather added to to appeal of the place. I would like to go back there again.

2  Thank Michael_Asombrado
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Winter Sonata made this island truly popular in many Asian countries. I didn't watch the series myself, but I really loved my trip to Nami. Aside from the obvious romantic vibe, the surrounding was something to enjoy too. It was close to nature, a lot of plants to take pictures of. A lot of color if you come here during fall. This is definitely a place where families can relax. It isn't just for couples, it's for everybody who wants some peace and quiet. And oh! Don't for get to try the very delicious soft ice cream. Green tea flavor was my favorite. Must eat at the famous chicken bbq place. It will not disappoint, I promise.

4  Thank heyanny