“Do bring a spouse”

54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Do bring a spouse”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Your tour guide will bring you here because it's the site a famous (in Asia) Korean Romantic Drama.

So, guess how fun the island is for people not in romantic mood?

Do bring a spouse, or maybe your wife and kids. But bring a spouse.

Then take a lot of silly pictures which pose is dictated from scenes from the movie.

Then watch some Asian ladies taking silly poses with bronze statues of the actors and actresses from the movie.

It's a beautiful stroll nonetheless. Calm. Scenic. If gives a good counterpoint to the urban nature of Seoul.

The ferry ride is nice, the walk is nice, the facilities are decent.

I don't know if there's fee, I was part of a tour group, it could be inclusive in our tour cost

Visited August 2012

• Turkish first
Quezon City, Philippines
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“beautiful sights, best chicken barbeque restaurant”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

My family got a day tour of Nami Island. After paying the entrance fees, we took a ferry to go to Nami Island. We enjoyed walking around Nami Island. There were lots of trees and beautiful sites. There were pictures of the places filmed in the Winter Sonata tv show.

There were several restaurants to choose from. But our tour guide suggested the restaurant offering chicken barbeque. It was truly the best! We cooked/ grilled the chicken barbeque and ate it with kimchi, pickles, vegetables and rice.

It is better to get the Nami Island tour in the morning as it gets crowded in the afternoon.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Tricia S
Manila, Philippines
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“A must-see attraction for nature lovers”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Korea has 4 seasons and we have long dreamed of experiencing winter , spring and autumn . What inspired us to go to Korea at this time of the year was to have a feel of winter . At first I did not appreciate the Winter Sonata Tour that was written on our Korean itinerary since I was not familiar with the Korean love story . After the visit , I was convinced that this tour is a must-see attraction especially for lovers as well as nature lovers .

Nami Island was a bit far from the hotel where we stayed . It was March 30 when we went to the island , winter was almost over but we couldn't see yet any signs of spring . Our goal was fulfilled when we were able to see some real snow on the island , a joyful feeling for people like us who live in a hot country .

The place was full of romance , I guess the trees -lined road creates that special magic or fairy-tale ambiance for all the people strolling down the paths of this park . The trees are tall and even without leaves , they stand tall and beautiful . There is love in the air and as you breathe , there is this inner joy as you commune with nature . Nami Island indeed was a perfect choice for a love story .

Wear comfortable boots and appropriate clothing , depending on what season you will visit this marvelous place . Would love to go again during spring and autumn to see magnificent colors . There are dining places available inside the park as well as outside . A special white dumpling cooked the traditional way will tickle your palate to try some .

Do not forget to bring your camera and other gadgets to capture the moments . Highly recommended for families, couples and friends.

Visited March 2013
Singapore, Singapore
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Marvelous scenery but very crowded in Autumn”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I traveled with my friends to Namiseom Island in around November and totally enjoyed the romantic scenery of Autumn falling leaves. It took us about 1-1.5hours by coach from our hotel in Incheon. We reached the place at about 11am in the morning. As Namiseom declares itself an "imaginary" republic so tourists need to approach the "visa office" (which is actually a ticket office) before boarding one of the boats to get to the island. Although I was prepared to expect crowds because this was the "watching-falling-leaves" season for both locals and tourists, I was still quite shocked to see the crowds of local elderly people, local young kids and tourists waiting - so it took us about half an hour to get a ticket, 20 minutes to wait and board a boat, and another 15 minutes traveling to the island. The scenery along the river was very nice so 15 minutes was spent very fast - I tried to utilize most of my time to take as many photos as possible.

Once I reached the island, the whole island was like covered in yellow and red and...people. The first thing I did was to look for something to eat because we left with empty stomachs. We tried our luck at a restaurant on the island (so I could not recall the name - from the wharf you walk straight about 15mins it will be on the right). They served very nice BBQ beef and green tea ice-cream.

This was where they shot the film "Winter Sonata" so there was a poster which showed the main actor and actress: Bae Yong-joon and Choi Ji-woo. We made some fun poses - take turn to replace one of them with ourselves.

The island has nothing much except for scenery. However if you come from a cold country, the scenery is not that special. I am myself from a tropical world so this was really fantastic to me - some of the photos I took were really like those I only saw on calendars or wallpapers before although my camera was just a very basic aim-and-shoot camera.

However, I had a hard time to capture a photo with no other people standing in because the island was so crowded. It was also quite hard to find a good spot to take a rest because almost all good spots had been taken by local elderly people and young kids traveling in very big groups. I could not blame them though - who can resist this fantastic view? Overall I really enjoyed the view so the drawback did not matter much to me.

Visited November 2012
3 Thank JodyNg
West Melbourne, Florida
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Nice place to visit, especially for Winter Sonata fans!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This small island in the middle of a river offers a nice relax atmosphere. It was made famous by Winter Sonata drama series, but even if you are not a fan of the series or do not know about it at all, it is still worth a trip. My family and I visited the island during winter time, was very cold, with snow and ice and all, but we enjoyed it. Yes, there are commercial spots in there, but there are still plenty of nature parts to explore too.

Visited December 2012