“Fall in love with/at Nami Island”
Review of Nami Island

Nami Island
Book In Advance
$50.00*
Self-Guided Day Trip to Nami Island and Chuncheon from Seoul
$109.00*
and up
No Shopping Small Group Day Trip to Nami Island, Petit France and Garden of...
$140.00*
Petit France and Nami Island Full-Day Tour from Seoul
Ranked #1 of 34 things to do in Chuncheon
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Nami island was just a wonderful place to visit for a day. We started off with a van ride from Seoul and a very nice boat ride on a 24 foot pontoon boat built by a former ROK Navy SEAL! This was followed by a great ferry ride to Nami island and a self guided walking tour. We made all the recommended stops and picture taking opportunities throughout the island and a stop for lunch at a Korean restaurant for some delicious taegi khalbi. There are lots of other activities available such as bungee jumping and zip-line. Well worth it!

3  Thank weekinhaiti

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I have heard much about Winter Sonata and when I had the opportunity to go to Nami Island, I was all for it. However, it being Autumn, the mountains and leaves were obviously beautiful but traffic there is absolutely atrocious during this season. Locals and tourists go there alike. When we made it there finally after a long journey, all I saw was a beautiful garden, no doubt, with a statue of the two Winter Sonata lovebirds and that was all. Appears to me that it is a place for the locals to hangout and perhaps have a sleepover - there were mats everywhere and the cool weather encourages the locals to take a nap or just hang out.The lake was beautiful and they had 'pancake' type of banana boat and for MYR 120 you get a 10 min ride in a speed boat round the lake that surrounds the island. A few statues here and there and lone dog in a big cage, I just couldn't figure out the pull of this place. There are several food outlets and we tried the steamed corn as a snack - absolutely tasteless. But the little red bean buns were ok.All in all not so great - but the lake is beautiful......

1  Thank renefish
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've visited Nami Island on 20th Oct and was amazed by the beautiful autumn views with vibrant colours of green, yellow and red leaves. Although the place is quite far from the city central and the ferry was extremely crowded, the nice autumn foliage made the trip worth while.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Zip-Wire Jara Nami Skyline, Gapyeong South Korea. While I was planning for my trip to Korea I somehow found out about Nami Island and the Kdrama "Winter Sonata" that was filmed there. What intrigued me about the island besides it being a location for "Winter Sonata", was the option to get on the island. You can take a leisurely ride on the ferry or you can make a 'Ta da' entrance to the island on a Zipline! At 940m it's one of the longest in Asia. For KRW 38,000 some might think its pricey but how often can you go to Korea and experience something like this? Besides for that price your entrance and ferry ride off the island is included. The ride actually starts up 80m in an elevator to the top of the tower. After you get strapped down on the Zipline seat the attendant joyously pushes you off the tower and for a moment your life flashes before you until your full weight is hanging on Zipline. From then on just enjoy the ride and the view. Yeehaw!!!

16  Thank Sijimboy
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I live in Seoul but we went to Nami Island this weekend to see what all the buzz was all about. There were some news articles that Nami was turning into a favorite spot for foreign tourists with something like 500,000 people visiting a year.

I knew that it might be crowded on the weekends, but I did not expect lines of cars and buses 5 km away.

The island itself is beautiful. There are no cars and there is open grass and nice tree-line paths. It is a great place for taking photos especially during the fall. I was juggling three cameras the whole day.

One gets the overall feeling that if there were less people, this would be a wonderful place. But now it is overrun with people - both Koreans as well as tourists. The ferries that take you between the mainland and the tiny island (I don't think it's bigger than six football fields) are jam-packed with people. We arrived at around 9 and left around noon. There were still hordes of people trying to get in.

I would definitely recommend coming here during weekdays and not weekends.

2  Thank Mohammedyu