“One of the Best Places I've Been to!”
Review of Nami Island

and up
Nami Island and Petite France Day Trip from Seoul
Ranked #1 of 36 things to do in Chuncheon
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Travel time is 4 hours (back and forth, from Seoul). It's kind of far, and you really have to allot half day for this place. I thought this was not worth it. But I was wrong. It's one of the best places I've been to!

We went here on April, so it's Spring. I saw many Cherry Blossoms! It's a very, very beautiful place! Very romantic for couples. But it's also a good place for families. :) I love taking pictures, and this place has many beautiful views! It's very relaxing. It's especially best for those stressed people out there. :)

2  Thank joycehehe
Write a ReviewReviews (1,450)
All reviews
in 15 reviews
"petite france"
in 42 reviews

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Last month, I went to Nami Island with friends. First of all, I am not a K-Pop lover or all-things-Korean fan so I believe I can be fair in reviewing this. We went there during the end of summer. A few trees decided to go ahead and had their leaves turning red and yellow but others were still green. The sight was pretty although I still wanted to see them all in red or yellow.
Nami Island is a very small island. More like a park. We practically only spent about 3-4 hours there (including lunch time). But we spent about half a day because Nami Island was quite far to get from Seoul (by train).

We got lucky when we were there because it was still morning. But in the afternoon, the island was packed with tourists. It was the only true downside of going here. There was not much to see other than enjoying the walk below the tall gingko trees (and other types of trees that I could not remember). If you wanted to have a little fun biking, you could do it (but it was drizzling the day I visited the island).

For people who love the Korean drama, Winter Sonata, this is the place they shot the TV series. Beware. Don’t be distracted by the gigantic mother statue offering her breast to her child because the real statue you want to see is the Couple Statue from the Winter Sonata drama, a few meters from the gigantic statue.

We also tried Chicken Herbal Soup here. But I decided not to try it ever again. We ordered the original one but it tasted very plain. My taste bud disagreed. (Perhaps I should have picked another restaurant but we wanted to try the Herbal Soup).

If you asked me, would I go here again? I'd answer no. But if I lived in Korea, Nami Island was probably the place you wanted to go on a lazy Saturday.

For me, once is enough. It is a pretty enjoyable experience but not the place I wanted to go again and again.

5  Thank crimson_ai
Reviewed September 13, 2012

A very nice place for taking pictures and there are places to eat (chicken galby) were very tasty, supported by a pleasant and very romantic condition.
Not to be missed visiting the Nami island, when visit to Korea

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Everything in this place is just too picturesque and romantic! I've seen a lot of couples wearing couple shirts, bags, shoes, and so on. haha. and by the way, hearts are everywhere in this place! :) We came here last Spring and the weather was just perfect :) I have been dreaming of coming here since Winter Sonata days, and yes, dreams do come true! Who could forget thos aligned trees? Too dreamy! You can get here in Nami Island via boat or zipline! We went there via boat. I'd love to try the zipline next time! :) I think the best time to go here is Autumn, since you will be seeing a lot of colors (leaf-wise)!

1  Thank dancewithgelz