“Picture Perfect”

and up
Nami Island and Petite France Day Trip from Seoul
Ranked #1 of 36 things to do in Chuncheon
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Everything in this place is just too picturesque and romantic! I've seen a lot of couples wearing couple shirts, bags, shoes, and so on. haha. and by the way, hearts are everywhere in this place! :) We came here last Spring and the weather was just perfect :) I have been dreaming of coming here since Winter Sonata days, and yes, dreams do come true! Who could forget thos aligned trees? Too dreamy! You can get here in Nami Island via boat or zipline! We went there via boat. I'd love to try the zipline next time! :) I think the best time to go here is Autumn, since you will be seeing a lot of colors (leaf-wise)!

1  Thank dancewithgelz
Write a ReviewReviews (1,451)
All reviews
in 15 reviews
"petite france"
in 42 reviews

Reviewed August 31, 2012

We just spent a night and day on Nami Island. We walked all over and couldn't get enough of the place. So clever are the walkways, sitting areas, bridges, etc. The trees are spectacular and though it was crowded, it still seemed quiet and pleasant for strolling, having tea, ice cream, and a super lunch at the ECO Cafe.

1  Thank GigiandGreg
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This little island was made famous by the Winter Sonata Korean drama. Just a place to wind down and not much of activities. You need to choose the right timing to appreciate this island, best late Autumn or winter when the snow at its best. There are a few eating places and even a Musolla for the Muslim travellers. If you are a keen nature photographer, the beautifully lined maple trees are nice to capture. Best to stop at the picnic areas on the way to the Island as you are back to nature with clear streams flowing.

2  Thank ajghazali
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Its about an hour travel by train...and another bus ride to reach the place. One advise though is you must be ready to take a hike in case buses or taxis are not available. Experience some bungie/cable rides at the dock. There is also a 5 minute boat ride to the island. Entrance fee is 8,000 won. This is where the famous Korean Drama - Winter Sonata was shot. You can have a couple bike rides around the area. A slow stroll has a calming effect. Best time to visit is around mid October.

4  Thank Roxanne S
See more reviews
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Since the first time I watched Winter Sonata, I’ve been dreaming to have a great time in Nami Island. And I did! I went with my 3 friends in fall season. We travel by train from Cheongyangni station to Chuncheon. It was spectacular. We paid W8,000 for the entry visa & took 5 minutes ferry rides to Namiseom. We spent almost 4 hours in the island and we also rent couple bike for an hour to cycle around the island. It was fantastic experience. Every corner of this island will represent a romantic view. For Muslim traveler, don’t worry. They have Halal restaurant selling delicious kimchi rice. Must bring: Camera. Trust me, it’s a great place for photography.
I will definitely visit this place again 

4  Thank poobritney