“Summer Trees”

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Summer Trees”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2011

It is a nice place, just to walk around to enjoy the nature. You can rent a bicycle and go round the island. Walking will take longer time. We went there on Tuesday, even that we saw lot of local and people from abroad, so better not go on weekends.

Visited July 2011
3 Thank 311y

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
“Romantic place if you go at the right time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

I went to Nami Island twice. Once during winter (Christmas period) a number of years ago, and another in Apr 2011 during Spring. The first time I went in Winter, it was in late afternoon (around 5-7pm) on a weekday. There were only a number of young dating couples around. A few were cycling with the girl sitting in front of the guy, just like the leading actor and actress of the hit Korean drama Winter Sonata many years back. A few were resting, and burning woods to keep warm. The whole atmosphere seems so sweet. And when you walk further in,there are the endless rows of tall leafless brown trees (I'm not sure what tree that is) which is really romantic if you walk together hand-in-hand alone with your partner. And it forms really nice backdrop for photographs.

The 2nd time I went in Spring, it was on a weekend late morning, and it was packed with tourists busy snapping photographs. Definitely no romantic atmosphere at all.

Based on my 2 contrasting experiences, I feel that it definitely depends on when you go. Have to choose a timing without all the crowds.

Visited April 2011
Manila, Philippines
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A Very ROmantic Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2011

The island is really very romantic especially for couples. The trees somehow provide an enchanting background and a sense of serenity when you walk under it. I want to return during spring or winter. It is summer now so it's quite hot. But the place is really worth it. There's so many delightful things to see besides the Winter Sonata shooting place. I love Nami Island & Korea :) I will definitely be back.

Visited June 2011
3 Thank almondlouanne
Manila Philippines
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 135 helpful votes
“I will be back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2011

We visited Nami Island, unfortunately, on a rainy day. And it was raining the night before. So, the flowers were washed away by the rain. But still, the place is very beautiful. It was very cold but I still managed to go around the area. And the place did not disappoint. not even with the rain. Definitely I will be back someday. Hopefully, on a cold but rainless day in another springtime.

Visited April 2011
7 Thank bensy
ca
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Very Romantic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2011

This is the shooting place of Korean Series Winter Sonata. I went here with my friends, setting was very romantic, great for pre-nup pics! Maybe I will return someday for mine! :) Just approx 90 minutes travel by bus from Tapgol Park and 5 minutes ferry ride to the island. Recommended detour for Seoul Travelers.

Visited February 2011