“Don't hesitate to stay here - recommended”

Holiday Inn Express and Suites Beatrice
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Beatrice
Chicago
“Don't hesitate to stay here - recommended”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2010

After a long day of travel, we were glad to have a clean, modern, well-run place to stay. Staff is helpful and friendly, and the breakfast (included) is very good.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Beatrice, Nebraska
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2010

Working in the Southern area of Nebraska for the last 6mos, I have resided at the Holiday Inn Express in Beatrice.
My biggest complaint is that management does not do anything about noisy people. They turn their heads the other way to loud and noisy parties, kids running up and down the halls without parental supervision. Drunk people pulling fire alarms or being too loud in their rooms.

When I offered a solution of booking the farthest from me first or ask them to book business people beside me so that I could sleep I was told "I was being unreasonable" , but they were happy to take the $12,000 I spent here. I have also suggested that they retrain their front desk staff to respond to the pleas of unhappy customers. I was told they would do that, but from experience they are too busy trying to people please to accommodate the long term customer. I would not recommend them for long term stay of more than one week.

When I asked the Manager if he could come up with a solution. He could not.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Cottage Grove
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2009

Whenever I check in, I announce, "I'm home!" Everyone welcomes me by name. Cherelyn, Laura, Mike, Becky, Edna, and Andrew treat me like one of their family. All my needs are cared for, the hotel and rooms are clean and inviting. Best place to be!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2008

We attened a Anniversary Reception in the Holiday Inn's Elegant Conference Center! Who would have guessed that Beatrice had such a beautiful and elegant reception facility! After visiting many friends and family we decided to stay and found the staff very friendly and the hotel very comfortable! Great updated decor and clean!

• Liked — Clean Rooms
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2007

I travel to Beatrice frequently for work and always stay at the Holiday Inn Express.

The hotel is on the north edge of town, near the Wal-Mart. The hotel has an indoor pool, small fitness room (that needs updating), and free wired or wireless Internet access. It also has the typical Holiday Inn continental breakfast and adds biscuits & gravy as a "local favorite". Also, Monday - Thursday nights, the hotel has a manager's reception with free drinks and some type of appetizer, usually a meat/cheese tray, fruit, etc. A nice touch, and the lady that takes care of that is very friendly and hospitable.

The rooms are average. Clean, for sure, but nothing special. I've had several different types of rooms. The king was the nicest, since it had a couch and coffee table, in addition to the small work table that the other rooms have. Most recently, I had a 2-queen room. The beds are fine -- again nothing fancy, but adequate. The work desk leaves a little to be desired, as it is a square table stuck in the corner of the room, which leaves your elbow to hit against the wall when you try to work at the desk. Luckily the network cable for the free Internet connection usually reaches to the bed. The bathroom is big enough, and the curved shower rod gives a little extra room in the shower. The A/C is an older style with a high/low setting and then "guess the temp" knob. It worked fine, it just never seems like the thermostat does anything on those units.

The Holiday Inn Express is consistent and clean. The free breakfast and evening reception are great perks, as is the free Internet. It may not be the cheapest in town, but you do get what you pay for.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2004

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn in Beatrice for several years while visiting our grandkids and up until now, have had a great time. We used to stay at the Victorian but when the Holiday Inn opened with their indoor heated pool, we switched and paid the extra money because we could take our grandkids swimming.

Our most recent visit was for six nights...

First the good.... Front desk people are nice and accomodating and a nice lady Belva makes sure that the continental breakfast buffet fod is out on time, fresh..cerials, cinnamon rolls, toaster breads, etc. The rooms are cleaned OK and the suites are nice, especially when grandkids come to stay with you and have their own TV..
Warning... get a third floor room and you will be sure that you don't hear the loud sound of the shower water coming from above running through the pipes in the wall right next to your bed!!! We changed rooms because of it.

The Bad..... They need to understand how important the pool is to who they are and why people stay there. It's a nice sized pool and a nice sized hot tub that comes in handy when it's 9 degrees outside. Three of our six night, the pool was closed and when we left, the sign said closed until further notice... Keeping the pool open should be among their highest priorities since the Super 8 next door also has a pool. To their credit, they generously discounted my room rates for the inconvenience but dealing with disappointed grandkids wasn't easy.
Also, a little thing but it speaks to their pride... When we were their a year ago, the room number sign was missing from the wall beside our door. A year later, we noticed that that room plus several other room number signs were missing from beside the doors and they had written the room number on the wall in black marker. Again, a little thing but it is a comment on their attention to detail.
I recommed the Holiday Inn, but when you make reservations, make sure the pool is open...

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member