TripAdvisor
Beatrice
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews family suite place to stay sized bed room was large desk clerk staff was very friendly microwave elevator hallway
Selected filters
Reviewed November 17, 2016

My friend and I stayed 5 nights, making this hotel our home based while hunting in and around Beatrice. Overall this is an average hotel...nothing spectacularly good or spectacularly bad. The room was clean, the beds felt relatively new and firm (my favorite type of bed), the AC/Heater worked, and there was acceptable water pressure in the shower.

THE AREA
The hotel is right down the road from several restaurants (such as they were), fairly close to Wal-Mart, and also right down the road from the big-game check-in station for Gage County (a small gas station). Beatrice isn’t quite a one-horse-town, but maybe a horse-and-a-half size town, so there isn’t much to do. But no problems, because we weren’t there to do anything but hunt, and get one meal a day out.

HOTEL DETAILS
Two story, with room entrances facing both inside the building, and the parking lot for those rooms on the ground level facing the parking lot. It’s kind of a weird setup, but it works. The room we were in had a microwave, coffee machine, and a nice little fridge. There is a laundry room for guests, and while it only has one washer and one dryer, both worked very well. The hotel provided a free breakfast, which was surprisingly good and ‘comprehensive’…much better than I expected. The hotel also has a nice new indoor pool. I didn’t swim, but I inspected the pool when we first arrived, and while it was pretty basic (i.e. rectangular with no sauna, etc), it was new, and the water and entire pool area was clean. We stayed in a room above the pool, and heard some kids a little bit here as they swam and played. The only negative thing I noticed was related to an apparently recent ‘refresh’: Whomever stained the bathroom door in our hotel room did a crappy job, and let wood stain drip all over the bathroom tile, get on the bathroom wall and door trim, and on the faceplate of the light switches. Clearly the painter didn’t know how to use a brush or realize how thin wood stain is. The poor stain-job didn’t detract from the cleanliness of the room, but it took me a few minutes to realize it wasn’t crap spewed all over the bathroom, just dried wood stain. Not a big deal once I figured out what it was. The internet was free, fast, and reliable. Parking was plentiful, and the staff was very nice. NOTE: The hotel DOES NOT have an elevator to the second floor. The second floor is accessed via stairs ONLY. I thought this was odd, but also no big deal for me.

Overall it was a great experience for the area, and I’m sure I’ll stay again next year.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank wbcooksey
Reviewed November 14, 2016

We enjoyed our stay at the Victorian Inn in Beatrice/NE. The place was not the most modern, but clean and well-kept, with quite a big and comfortable room for us. The only drawback in the room was a very slow Internet. The breakfast was ok, although somewhat limited in the choices: sausages, eggs and bacon would not have come amiss. Waffles were available, though, plus the regular choice of cereals and sweet rolls.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed November 12, 2016

Our room was clean, quiet, and recently updated. It is a safe hotel. The pool is new, hot breakfast starts at 4:30 am, and a great place to stay. The VFW is just East of this hotel and they have great food and drinks. Friendly staff, very comfortable and cheaper than the Holiday Inn down the street. Book this hotel and support the local businesses; not the chains.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 25, 2016

I was driving back from a business trip in Kansas and I decided to stop on my way home. The location was nice because it was right on Highway 77 and didn't have to deviate off my route. They added a new pool apparently which was pretty fun to swim in since this was about 9pm on a Tuesday so I had the entire pool to myself. Breakfast opened early too, most places I miss out on the free breakfast since I leave so early. This hotel had everything ready to go when I left.

Room tip: Parking is great, if you get a room on the East side you get an exterior entrance as well as an interior entrance.
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Management D, Manager at Victorian Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2016

Thank You for review!! Our hotel is continuously being updated and appreciate you taking notice. Our new heated pool is perfect throughout the year. We have recently updated our hotel and added a brand new breakfast room that starts at 4:30am. We look forward to seeing you!

Management

Reviewed September 16, 2016 via mobile

Nice place! Very friendly, clean. GREAT COFFEE!!!! Quiet and comfortable. Great pool. Breakfast could use some 'protein' but otherwise really good. Great staff and very accommodating. Will stay again when we come back to Nebraska

Date of stay: September 2016