“ALWAYS fantastic!”

Black Crow Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #2 of 34 Restaurants in Beatrice
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Established in 1993, we serve critically acclaimed international and American cuisine in a restored 1880's building in the historic district in downtown Beatrice, the site of the first homestead and the Homestead National Monument. Our dining room features cozy booths, an original 14 ft. high tin ceiling, and a 30 ft Oak back bar. We feature Nebraska beef steaks and Prime rib, roast duckling, fresh fish and shellfish, pastas, entree salads, including our fabulous Caesar salad, gourmet pizzas and much more. We make all our own desserts, including bread pudding, creme brulee, and flourless chocolate decandence cake. We offer seasonal craft cocktail lists, an extensive beer list including Nebraska microbrews, a selection of Nebraska distilled spirits, a single malt scotch list, full bar and a wine list with over 100 selections from around the world. We have been preparing fresh food with love for over 24 years. We would love to prepare some for you. Come see us.
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Ray & Kate have not only the best restaurant in Beatrice but probably the best in Nebraska! Everything is top-notch from the fantastic food to the wait staff! The interior is gorgeous. I must go there at least once on every visit to Beatrice and then I miss it when I go back home. You can't go wrong with anything on the menu. Just be sure to leave room for the bread pudding!

Reviewed August 17, 2012

My family loves the Black Crow. We always went there for our special events. I no longer live in Nebraska and it measures up to other restaurants throughout the country. If it were any place but Beatrice, you could expect to pay 2-3 times more.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

We haven't been to the Black Crow for several years and we may not go back. My wife and two of her friends stopped there for lunch yesterday. She ordered a pasta salad with veggies. It was drowned in dressing and otherwise extremely mediocre. She was way too nice to send it back and ask for a better dish. I certainly hope this is a one-off, rather than creeping indifference at the restaurant. We don't get to Beatrice that often. When we do, we try to stop at the Black Crow. Next time, we'll think twice. Very disappointing.

Kate R, Owner at Black Crow Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

I am sorry to hear that your wife's salad was overdressed, but we would gladly have replaced it or provided another dish, if we had known she was not happy. We have a great reputation because we do care very much about the experience of our guests, and want it to be wonderful, every time, lunch and dinner. I can assure you that we are not slipping, and are continually listed as on of the best restaurants In the state. Perhaps I can ask your forgiveness for this lapse, as five days before your wife's visit, my mother passed away after a prolonged battle with brain cancer, and I was spending time with my family. Thank you for your patronage.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

We hadn't been to the Black Crow for some time, but elected to try it with friends based on recent reviews. We won't be back any time soon, as the experience, notwithstanding great service, was poor. And yes, the booths are unbelievably uncomfortable just as has been mentioned by other reviewers. We ordered the tomato soup as an alternative to salad. Not a bad taste, but the soup was as thick as oatmeal. For the entree I ordered pasta with shrimp, mussels, tomatos and olives. I can not remember experiencing a more salty dish. It tasted as though a salt bomb had exploded directly over the plate. My companion ordered pan seared talapia. A better name would have been pan scorched talapia, as it was so over-cooked that appeared to be blackened. To boot, it was blanketed with capers, not just a few for flavor, but crusted with capers. Psrhaps the chef thought the capers would hide the scorched talapia. He was wrong.

Reviewed April 24, 2012 via mobile

A pleasure to the pallet with a wonderful staff and pleasing ambiance.