“Good rooms but repetition of food, skipping of floors”
Review of Oftana Suites

Oftana Suites
Ranked #2 of 16 Mandaue B&B and Inns
Augusta, Georgia
“Good rooms but repetition of food, skipping of floors”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed here last July with my family on a funeral. When we arrived, we had lunch in their bakery. Their food was good, even their cakes. After lunch, we went up but we wondered that they skipped a floor after another. The stairs was very steep and breathtaking, the rooms were just regular and good, the room and bathroom was quite clean. Very comfortable beds, basic toiletries in the bathroom. By the next morning, we had lunch again in their so-called 'bakery', still the same food, so we had lunch in the funeral. But good service. Thank you very much oftana! were just 'satisfied' a bit in your food!

Room Tip: I can recommend you and others to stay here. But you can stay in other areas
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Trish671, Manager at Oftana Suites, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for staying with us! I appreciate your feedback on our food offerings. I am working with our cooks to expand their skillset and we wll be unveiling a new a la carte menu for our hotel guests within the next couple of months. When you're back in Cebu, we hope you'll come by and stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
guam
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I was fortunate enough to spend thanksgiving in Cebu and stayed 2 weeks. My priority was to find a place to stay that was clean with affordable prices, as would most folks. I got it at Oftana suites.

I got one of the smaller rooms good for me. The first thing I look at is the bathroom and the bathroom was very clean. The room smells clean. The biggest pet peeve I have is old bed comforters that the hotel do not change. I was surprised that every time they cleaned my room I got a different comforter - other hotel usually just change the sheets.

The location is great! I went to the mall almost everyday by a cab which cost about $1.50. There is a food complex a walking distance about 3 to 4 minutes and they have various nice eateries and a Starbucks! I never had to explain to find the hotel as the street is very well known by the cab drivers. The staff did provide me with a small map if the taxi wanted directions but I never used it.

I found that the Hotel had great in room food service. The assortment of noodles, meat dish and seafood was delicious and affordable! I got spoiled ordering rice, noodles, chicken and egg rollscrabs with a drink that was very affordable - then going out in town to eat. The hotel also has a bakery downstairs that has amazing bread and pasties. They have a filipino coconut bread called Bibingka that I ate fresh out of the oven everyday. Not great for the waist line but i kept my addiction to two servings daily.

The staff is friendly and very helpful -by my second day they knew to hail me a cab and the cooks knew my food choices before the end of the week.

I did hear that there was Sunday service but I don't stay in bed on Sundays. I am out of the hotel doing things so it didn't bother me much.

It's easy to find on the web. They have a website oftanasuites.com with info and contact number. I say email them as it's fast to get a reply.

Overall the hotel is a great location + clean clean clean + and a great deal for the price. I am staying here again.

Room Tip: If traveling with family ask about family rooms that has small dining table and kitchenette type cou...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank joanes310
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed November 18, 2012

"i checked in late at this 'hotel' hoping to get some rest and be able to sleep in the following day only to be awoken by a loud banging noise and singing from the opposite room

i called the front desk multiple times to report the noise but nothing was done so i decided to do something about it

i went knocking at the room and when they opened i found out that there was a group of people singing using a microphone and speakers and drum set to boot

When i went down to the front desk, i was told that the group is in a year contract with the establishment. so, it's gonna be a sunday breakfast prayer service whether you like it or not!

the inactivity of the staff and lack of care from the management is unacceptable from an establishment in a hospitality business

so if you want to rest or sleep then DO NOT stay at this place"

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank marimartinezlawas
Trish671, Manager at Oftana Suites, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
My apologies for your recent bad experience with us. I take seriously complaints we've received and staff has since been counseled about this particular incident. If you are in town again, we hope you'll give us another chance.

Travelers are raving about these Mandaue hotels