“Nice new hotel”

Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Mandaue
Makati, Philippines
“Nice new hotel”
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Was staying in this hotel with a promo price less that 2,000php per night in executive room and it was a good value for the money.

Hotel is around 70php taxi ride from Ayala mall on a busy area of Mandaue. Top floors have nice city view from the balcony at night.

Breakfast is ok, buffet serving with some choices but mostly on Filipino side.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Peter H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
CEBU
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I precisely book not 1 room but 2 rooms so that my kids would enjoy the pool. I’ve been there before & it was nice. When we arrived at the hotel we saw a posting on the wall that the pool will be used exclusively for an event starting 12pm onwards. I was so shocked about this knowing that this was not posted online when we booked it. Have I been made aware I will never book this hotel and I will rather pay extra and stay somewhere else. So I checked the pool around 11:30 am so maybe my kids can still take a dip just for 30minutes especially it’s her 7th birthday but the pool’s door was already locked. I called the front desk and I demanded to speak to the duty manager and I was told that the duty manager is not available until 6pm. I was so appalled by this reason I even asked for an assistant duty manager and still not available. I asked for a resolution if they can find another pool for my kids and they said no. I waited for the duty manager to call but no one called. This accommodation is a just a waste of my money. Again, have we been informed ahead that the pool is not available I’d stay somewhere else. Compared to my stay last March 2012, the room now is dirty, the wi-fi is really bad I’d rely on my 3G connection and the aircondition is really slow. I complained about this again but no action were made. We went to the gym and man it was filthy and most of the machines has traces of sweat all over. I would never dare to touch those machine ever. I will never recommend this hotel to everyone here because of extremely poor customer service & lack of respoonse to serious customer's complain. The kids were mad and upset why the pool is not available for them to use. The birthday girl cried because she wants to swim but she never had the time to do so. She even blamed me why I did not booked Quest Hotel. My mom suggested that we checked out but its too late since we already paid in advance and we have a baby who's not feeling well. I felt sorry for my failed 7th year birthday celebration of kid and this is all Cityscapes fault. I will definitely tell everyone about this experience.I don't expect the hotel to give us any compensation whatsoever. Afterall, I feel like they're just after my money and not returning a good service.Shame on this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank LOVEME2011

Travelers are raving about these Mandaue hotels

Davao
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Me and my kids stayed in the hotel after Christmas just to unwind and just to spend time together. We stayed at room 615 and paid around P1300 plus. The room was nice and the bed was comfortable and the plated breakfast was ok. The view from the pool was nice and my kids enjoyed it.

However there are a lot of points that needs improvement, the bathroom is too small compared to the other hotels I have stayed in. Dirty glasses were still in the drawers from the previous guest and were not replaced.There was no bathroom tissue so I have to call housekeeping to replenish. There is also stains in the pillow.

These things might be small stuff but it matters a lot to the guest. I will stay again should I need an affordable hotel because its better than staying in Motels.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 6, 2013

A great hotel to base yourself if you are spending a few days in Cebu city. Very friendly and helpful staff. Well presented and tasty food in the restaurant. Wifi available for free throughout the hotel, even by the pool. Compared to many of the higher priced hotels in Cebu what this lacks is a garden area to enjoy the sun in. There is a swimming pool on the roof, but it only captures the suns rays for about two hours a day due to the shade cast by the hotel building. Taxis are very cheap in Cebu, and the more expensive resorts all offer day passes for use of their amenities. The location is not great, but the same can be said for most hotels in Cebu city, there are a few fast food outlets within easy walking distance, and convenience stores. But at around 75 pesos by taxi to the SM mall, or Ayala mall, this hotel is better located than others. For my needs and requirements this hotel suited me fine. For business, or a short city stay, overall great value for money.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Emlyn182
Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

Hotel's fairly new so rooms are clean. Touch of white is dominant which gives the place a cleaner look. Everything's fine except AC does not cool much & splashing water from shower area to the toilet is impossible to avoid.

Bed, pillows, & blanket are all comfortable.
TV is LCD and got plenty of channels.
Mini ref also works perfectly & is loaded with consumables for sale.

• Stayed October 2012
Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

My fiancee & I stayed for 4 nights here & the room's pretty well-cleaned & cozy. Room is spacious enough for 2 persons. The bed's comfortable, pillows are really soft (we each have 2 pillows) and blanket has duvet. I like it that their bedding's white coz it's easy to see when clean or not.

Room has refrigerator so it's a + +, has LCD TV with plenty of channels (they've just upgraded the cable), & a pair of white slippers (but only provided 1 pair).

Bathroom's clean and has the toiletries we need (soap, shampoo, lotion, cotton buds, dental kit). No problem w/ shower pressure & it has hot/cold water, even the sink. Concern is just really w/ partition of shower area, we have to use rags to block the water from running to the toilet area. Might as well ask for 3 rags, but if you don't mind an all-over wet floor, then 1 rag would do.

Another concern is with AC. We set at 17°, the coldest it has, but the room was still hot.

Room was tidied everyday & toiletries are replenished daily.

Overall, we had a nice stay & would recommend this place, except that we had inconsiderate foreign neighbours who kept on banging their doors & talking out loud in the hallway even during late nights.

Recommendations to hotel though unsolicited: 1. put some ornaments in the hallway to add some life, 2. probably a "do not disturb/pls.clean the room" hanging card is also helpful and 3. replace shower curtains with a longer one.

• Stayed November 2012
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 28, 2012

This hotel has the rudest staff I have ever met. I would never stay here again. Apart from the staff the location and rooms are ok....but much better to find another place as the staff do not care about their customers.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jamesa1980
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mandaue
Quest Cebu
#1 of 13 in Mandaue
Copenhagen Residences
Copenhagen Residences
#4 of 13 in Mandaue

Been to Cityscape Hotel? Share your experiences!