“Dont waste your money or your time!”

The Orchard Cebu Hotel & Suites
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Mandaue
“Dont waste your money or your time!”
Reviewed February 25, 2011

We arrived for a two week stay that was booked through hotels.com, and at first site we thought we did great. The first two days no hot water, and for two days no Wi-Fi, so being a business owner this was not good. We had an accidental spill on the bed and because their staff forgot to put the mattress pad on the bed we where charged 1700 pesos ...wow, the manager would not make herself available to discuss the situation. The beds are rock hard, and the cleaning staff could not remember 2-bath towels and 2-hand towels per guest, when we called they claimed to be short on towels....are you people for real and we had a daily game to see if they where ever going to clean our desk which to my suprise never did happen. We had to request soap and shampoo daily and that got oldafter 3days so we purchased our own. The room was to have a saftey deposit box and it did not and when we used the box at the front desk we where at the mercy of a hotel manager (1) who was never there and during certian hours only. Last but not least if you love ants you will love this place (infestation) my wife and I checked out early because of this. We where both bitten by what we suspect was a spider as when my wife was bitten at night we found the remains of the dead spider next to the bed from her slap kill. The blankets on the bed where for what I would guess a childs bed, we bought our own. We loved the restraunt staff only and their service, the food was great. So if they could keep the resturant, and bulldoze the rest it would be a nice place. We asked for help and I w patient but the staff seemed afraid of the manager, and the hor wate rwas fixed only after I demanded it fixed or my money back. Lots of better places, we looked after...look before you stay and you get what you pay for. Just being honest dont stay here and waste your time or money. There are new hotels going up in that area.

• Stayed February 2011
7 Thank Becreative1964

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 2, 2011

I reached the hotel about 6am as my flight landed in the early morning. After I had affirmed my reservation for the deluxe room, which I did the booking through their website, with the receptionists. They told me that the designated room for me was still occpuied with guest, and I may check in from 12pm to 2pm. However I was offered to check into another same deluxe room, I need to pay an additional of 1200 peso on top of the 2400 peso for the day rate. I felt the idea was not justify so I turned down the offer and went out to find breakfast then explore the surrounding area. I find that the bed was kind of stiff and the blanket was inappropriate in size. In the end I turn the blanket from horizontal to use it vertically, in order to cover my feet. There is no water hose next to the toilet bowl, and hot water for shower was a myth. The deluxe room was very spacious and I found out that the standard room at 1950 peso was the same size as the deluxe. The lose out are a round table, a chair and a water kettle. The shower head is big and overhead type, the problem is most water did not come out from the small nozzle of the shower head. Instead water rush out from the side of the shower head and the threaded connection joint. Fortunately the shower head is close to ceiling height and the water pressure is not high even when fully turn on, eventually the water flow down in an irregular pattern. The WiFi in the room is good enough. The free breakfast was simple and ok but do not expect to be wonderful.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank Acalanatha
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 12, 2010

new hotel with still a little construction going on. A new business shopping center close by is about a year away from completion. A couple of other high end hotels also nearing completion in the area. Cabs and jeepney up and down the street all the time.. short rides to Park Mall, SM Mall and SuperCat/SuperFerry. Cute little sort of Austrian cafe inthe lobby...good selection of imported beer was a great add-on to the free, 7 choice breakfast. All of the staff seemed freindly and helpful. Did a day trip to Bohol - well worth it booked through SuperCat ... hasslefree except trying to get a cab in heavy rain and finding a road that wasn't flooded ...but can't blame that on the hotel! WifFi everywhere... a bit intermittent but can't blame that on the hotel either... all Internet in the Philippines seems to be a little intermittent - kind of like most hot water supplies.....we stayed 8 days - mostly because we booked online with a prepay no-refund - good value! so what was wrong?

I think when they ordered the beds, they only ordered box springs, no mattreses. We tried two different room. beds the same. Sleeping on the floor might have been softer!

Big plus was Starburst Chicken restaurant next door with good food! Jolibee, Mercury Drug, Goldfinger nightclub and Kaona restaurant are a short walk away and everthting else was a short taxi ride. NOT much to do in Mandaue ... but if you brign your own air of memory foam mattress, the Orchard is a good deal! If they invest in comfortable beds, they will be competitive with the higher end hotels opening up near by.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Larry_Leizel
Toulon, France
Reviewed September 20, 2010

We stayed three nights to visit Bohol and Cebu city.

We have selected the hotel from the photos on their website. The reality is a bit different and the hotel is more medium range than the top range it seems to be at first sight.

However, the service is good and the people helpful and our stay was very good! Unfortunately, there were so renovation in the morning and the rooms are not very soundproof. The surroundings are not that welcoming, but it is more or less what to expect in Cebu. Moreover, it was my first contact with Philippines, but my wife confirmed me it was not particular to that place. I want to thank the room service for having helped me to solve a personal issue not related to the hotel and I really appreciated!

The room is simple but clean. The bathroom the same. The air con was a bit noisy, unfortunately, so we slept with air con off.

For the breakfast, you can order in a list of 7 ready made sets, but if you are not too keen on Filipino breakfast, they propose toasts and coffee which is sufficient (don't expect vegetables).

The hotel is located at less than 30 minutes from the piers, so it is quite convenient to take a taxi and take your ferry to Bohol for instance (I recommend Supercat ferry for its schedule and price). It is not too far either from SM City mall or the historical center (Magellan cross, the Cathedral, carbon market).

There is a spa called "Spa in Cebu" which happens to be a few minutes away from the hotel by taxi: if you want to pamper yourself, give it a try as we did, you will spend a good time!

In conclusion, don't expect too much, but it should fit your expectation for a mid range hotel with a nice service.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank yuehanFrSg
KOREA
Reviewed April 11, 2010

This hotel is new, the locattion is perfect and very affordable.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business