“Exceptional value for money” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Alpa City Suites

Alpa City Suites
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Mandaue
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Exceptional value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

Upon arriving I was immediately struck but the very helpful and courteous staff. For a 3 star hotel it is very pleasant, well maintained and clean. Wi-fi is good in the reception and they will put a free wi-fi router in your room where the LAN is located. The restaurant has a good selection of dishes and very reasonably priced. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone at the price

Room Tip: Go for a higher floor room so there is less street noise
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Alex C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

This was recommended by a local friend who's parents stay here often. It's not great. But then I'm not sure that's what they are aiming for.
Staff are attentive and even put a wifi router in my room, food was ok and it was pretty reasonable.
However the location is pretty nasty, it's not town centre or near the airport... It is near the port though. And the rooms are pretty basic.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Scottybower
Davao City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

This was my first time in Cebu and decided to stay in this hotel because many of my friends recommended it to me. When I arrived at the hotel the guards and the reception were very accommodating.and friendly. Tried the food at the restaurant , it was great and affordable . My stay was okay until I decided to take a nap in the afternoon and after a while I heard loud noises and I went out of the room to check and saw the housekeeping staff. I hope this won't happen again. .

Room Tip: On my next trip I will choose a higher and more quiet room.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Ozamiz City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 2nights alone.Almost everything was fine and friendly and accomodating except for the frontliner.She was working as a receptionist named MITCH...She was not good.She was totally different than the other staff.I cant give them an excellent rate just bcoz of her.I made it CAPITALIZED for you not to forget.Despite this,i still love my stay at this hotel...

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank ladyken182005
Alpa City S, Director of Sales at Alpa City Suites, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Hi! Appreciate your feedback and will sit down with Mitch re this. We are glad that in spite of the fact, you still enjoyed your stay. We hope you will come visit us again soon with the problem fixed.

Warm Regards,

Anna Galicia
Sales and Marketing Manager
Riga, Latvia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

I enjoyed our stay here, room was big and clean. Breakfast with wide variety of food. Internet wasn`t the best but could check mail and news even they installed separate wifi access point in the room. Also location was a little away from city center but felt safe at nights. Taxi to airport around 200 pesos. walk to mall around 15-20 minutes. Staff helpful enough. Good price for the value.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quiter.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

I have been to Cebu many times on business trips and most of the time I stayed in budget hotels. My client booked me here for a short visit and upon arriving, I thought this hotel was just like any other I stayed in before. Reception and lobby are small and there is a restaurant which looked ok to me, simple and friendly-looking. When I got in my room, to my surprise, it was bigger than usual with a mini kitchen, a big microwave and a big refrigerator used in small homes! Had a queen-sized bed, complimentary newspaper, water, coffee, tea, cable tv, and a fast internet connection thru a lan cable. The lan was a good back-up because they said wifi was very busy. Breakfast was included and it was a buffet and a good selection, too from native breakfasts, breads, pastries, and fruits. At the back of my mind, I was thinking how can they offer a good price with all of these? It is not in downtown though but it is a stones throw away from a few small malls/shopping areas, Ayala mall, and lots of eating places which were more than enough to satisfy my food cravings. I have stayed with more pricey hotels in Cebu before but Alpa City Suites is comparable at almost half the price. Since it is not downtown, the area is not very noisy. Very friendly and helpful staff during our breakfast. We also used their vehicle to transport us around (up to the airport) and the driver was very helpful. I just think that the beef noodle I had there for lunch had too much vegetables/cabbage and less noodles. I would definitely stay in this hotel again on my future trips.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Seoul, South Korea
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

Firstly, I would like to compliment on the doorman who greeted us with a smile when we went there. The reception were very friendly and attentive to our needs (particularly there was this one staff and I think her name was Emmerey).. The stay was worth the pay except for the housekeeping staff who are noisy in the hallway and towels seems old...I would gladly recommend this hotel to my friends.

Room Tip: I highly recommend the kingsize bed.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank kylie j
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mandaue
BIG Hotel
#10 of 87 in Cebu City
Leope Hotel
Leope Hotel
#6 of 13 in Mandaue

Been to Alpa City Suites? Share your experiences!