“Summer Vacation” 4 of 5 bubbles

Europa Mansionette Inn
Ranked #13 of 14 Mandaue B&B and Inns
“Summer Vacation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for 9 nine days it was great we had some problem with their breakfast at the beginning because we are muslims but they have tried their best to please us and succeded and i am satisfied for their hospitality and service the only downside of it was not visible at night but no problem just tell your service kabangkalan near lola saling eurapa mansionette every one knows it and the best thing was the wifi and the roof top has a nice place to sit and the outside

• Stayed April 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Paranaque, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

Stayed here for 3 days and 2 nights. I agree with the previous review (great setup- indeed like a mansion/doll house with Victorian/traditional furnishings). We bought this voucher from a group buying site. I thought, at first (based on the previous reviews) that the staff will not treat us well since we only availed of the voucher, or the room that will be given to us isn't worth the money. But I was wrong with my expectations. Staff were very courteous. They greeted us with a smile from time to time. They asked us for our preference. They carried our luggage. And they brought us really good food. Breakfast in the room was a lot (with generous amount of food). Wi-Fi was working well. I am a researcher and I worked (during our stay there) from 4am till 12pm inside our room. On the first night, Wi-Fi was turned off during the night till around 8 or 9 am, but I had no problem on the 2nd night since it was left on. You just have to request for it. Air conditioning was very cold. Bed was comfortable. There were 2 towels provided, small sachets of shampoo, and 2 small bars of soap. Hot/cold shower is also present in the ensuite. There was a closet present inside the room where you can place your stuff. Cable TV (via Sky Digibox) is also available. Accessibility was not a problem. We rode a taxi from Mactan to this inn and paid around Php170.00. There was already a signage present on the main road so you won't miss it. The taxi driver also knew the place. You just have to tell him "to Cabancalan" or even just "to Europa Mansionette" and he'll know where it is; it's found on the left side of the road. If you are going to Ayala mall, there are tricycles available (at 8.00 per person) to get you to the main road where the jeepney cabs are passing by (also at 8.00). These jeepneys will drop you directly in Ayala Center (with signage of Ayala).

The only cons were the smell as you enter the inn (scent of old stuff) and the not-so-clean furnishings (chairs, wall in our room, shower curtain).

Overall, it was a good place to stay in if you'll spend most of your time in the city proper.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Manila, Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

We went here for our Cebu trip...was amazed with the great setup and beautiful mansion...great and warmed welcome from mr. Henry and his staff...we had a blast and definitely recommend this place...affordability, convinient, and superb accommodation from his place to our food...and transportation....

Thank you so much....

Pj and friends

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Phiejhay P
Manila, Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

This place is so awesome, we had great time spending our cebu trip here, the hotel attendant and Mr. Henry made us feel the natural way of receiving guest from other places they are so hospitable the price is very affordable, It was really unforgetable to stay in a place like a doll house amazingly beautiful....

I will definitely go back to this place....

thank you sir Henry.....

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Bucharest, Bucuresti, Romania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

Been here a few years back and i read the reviews recently.Apparently,nothing has changed.Bad food,bad accommodation and pricey also for what the place has to offer...Cebu is a really nice place so you can find other accommodations for the same price in a good hotel.Even if you are short in cash,still..you can certainly find better

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Oana S

Travelers are raving about these Mandaue hotels

Paranaque, Philippines
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

I also purchased 2 vouchers for P749 each and we used that for 2 nights. On our first night stay I was really really so disappointed, I have booked 2 months before our preferred date and guess what? They gave us the (i think) the most ugliest and oldest room (ROOM 18). This is really really far from the pictures on the website. I requested to transfer us to a different room since 1 more thing, the aircon was not working well and it was very uncomfortable but they refused and said they all rooms are already booked! hey I have booked 2 months in advance!! On our 2nd night me and my husband has decided to check in to a different hotel/inn! So dont TRUST their promos!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
13 Thank mhaydg
Quezon City, Philippines
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

I purchased a voucher from Metrodeal for P1400 for 4 pax (instead of P2800). I thought it was a good deal since the pictures in the inn's website were pleasing. I then realized that I should have learned my lesson from past experience never to trust pictures in the websites of hotels because once more, I was disappointed with what I actually saw. The inn was old, and the furnitures and decorations were so cluttered that they seemed to make me suffocate. The room was so small and old, and so was the bathroom. I thought I could ignore these considering that we arrived at the inn around 8pm and we would be staying for just one night since our flight was 5:30am the next day. However, I found out that the bed was another "torture" because it squeaked at the slightest movement. My only consolation was that we left the inn at 4:30 am, which was truly a relief since a few more hours there would really be torturous.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank yeye63
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mandaue
La Maria Pension & Tourist Inn Hotel
#9 of 14 in Mandaue
Cinfandel Suites
Cinfandel Suites
#8 of 14 in Mandaue

Been to Europa Mansionette Inn? Share your experiences!