Europa Mansionette Inn
$23
All reviewsinternet wifieuropean stylestatuesdeliveryayalacurtainstaxis
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 19, 2012

I purchased a voucher from Metrodeal for P1400 for 4 pax (instead of P2800). I thought it was a good deal since the pictures in the inn's website were pleasing. I then realized that I should have learned my lesson from past experience never to trust pictures in the websites of hotels because once more, I was disappointed with what I actually saw. The inn was old, and the furnitures and decorations were so cluttered that they seemed to make me suffocate. The room was so small and old, and so was the bathroom. I thought I could ignore these considering that we arrived at the inn around 8pm and we would be staying for just one night since our flight was 5:30am the next day. However, I found out that the bed was another "torture" because it squeaked at the slightest movement. My only consolation was that we left the inn at 4:30 am, which was truly a relief since a few more hours there would really be torturous.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank yeye63
Reviewed November 24, 2011

I purchased a 3D/2N package from Metrodeal for PHP1500 (original price at PHP3000). I was lucky to find a good taxi driver from the airport as I felt comfortable travelling to the place because it was really quite secluded and a bit out of the way. It would cost around P150 by taxi from the airport. I arrived around 9 in the evening and was billeted on the second floor. the place is much like a mansion redesigned to become an inn. the room was small and i wouldn't have paid the full price for it (i got the deluxe room which was advertised to cost P1,500 but then the Executive room was for P1,600 so I'm guessing it's another case of increasing published rates to make it look like you saved a lot).

my companion arrived at 6 in the morning the next day and she had a hard time calling out to the caretakers outside of the huge gate (I fell asleep so I consider this largely my fault). the breakfast that came with the room was decent. a slice of toasted bread, fried egg, sausage, fruits and drink. the caretakers were very warm people.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lee N
Reviewed November 18, 2011

I purchased a voucher at metrodeal for i got attracted by the pictures provided considering i like anything that is of Victorian aesthetics. We have tried booking but to no result, it's either their hotline can't be reached or they don't pick up. We have booked a flight last September hoping that if our arrival is urgent (we're from Manila), they might prioritize us. We have called and called and thank goodness the night before somebody picked-up.. Unfortunately, we didn't get any room..only rude business phone call. We have booked again next week and tried contacting them like crazy..someone answered via email. We didn't get anything again but a rude email convo.

I am a business woman myself and it's very important to be nice to your clients. Their staff make us feel that they doesn't give a damn if we wasted our money.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Justine Chantel... A
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Never try to get there as walk-in and get left behind by your taxi alone. I felt like I was robbed in the middle of the night.

I tried to check in late at night because it's the only place I checked which has the cheapest rates online while I was eating in Ayala mall...went there thru a cab then when my cab got there, we asked if there are still rooms available and they said yes then asked me to get inside, Knowing that rooms are cheap I paid my cab then he left. While talking with the receptionist I asked for the cheapest Single room then she phoned the owner and asked about the room rates as a walk in customer then immediately told me a shocking 1000 pesos though the cheapest posted was around 750 pesos. Maybe a small difference but I just got disappointed because I chose to stay there than in a newer hotel for the same price which was along ayala Mall knowing that I took a cab just to get there.

It really felt like I was robbed in the middle of the night and have no choice but to stay.

Good thing there is wifi which is the only reason I stayed
And yes....it's really in the middle of nowhere that if you'll try to find places to eat late at night, you'll end up eating instant noodles in a nearby 24 hour convenience store or die of hunger!

• Stayed: October 2011
4  Thank Tootrista
Reviewed October 16, 2011

*Place is nice and quiet at night
*20php jeepney and tricycle ride to the Basilica
*There are no phones for each room
*No chance to see the sun in some of their rooms
*No bidet
*Limited wi-fi zone
*Friendly people
*Clean room
*Nice Breakfast
*No airport transfer
*No Security guards
*Dusty highways going to the hotel

Room Tip: If you would like to be in the center of the tourist spot in the city, this is not a place for you.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple