“Things you may want to know about Europa:”

Europa Mansionette Inn
Ranked #17 of 20 Mandaue B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 16, 2011

*Place is nice and quiet at night
*20php jeepney and tricycle ride to the Basilica
*There are no phones for each room
*No chance to see the sun in some of their rooms
*No bidet
*Limited wi-fi zone
*Friendly people
*Clean room
*Nice Breakfast
*No airport transfer
*No Security guards
*Dusty highways going to the hotel

Room Tip: If you would like to be in the center of the tourist spot in the city, this is not a place for you.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank copslife

Reviewed October 12, 2011

Do not purchase a promo with Metrodeal. For that promo, you will get a tiny room beside the garbage area and the aircondition is not properly working and very noisy too. No windows, no phones, no wifi and the tiny restroom is dirty with some insects and after a few seconds of shower its flooded. Owner and staffs and are not friendly and welcoming at all (maybe coz we have a promo deal).Its too far from the shopping center and attractions.That was my worst hotel experience in my entire life.

Room Tip: just dont go there!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
9  Thank angel b
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Knew about this place through Ensogo.com, we got some good discounted rooms and wanted to try this Inn out. First impression, "hidden" because it's along an eskinita. Upon entering the place, noticed how warm it is. The place is very much enclosed and no single window was open and the airconditioners were all out of order. The owner, Robert, was very accommodating. He recommended some DIY Cebu and Bohol trips to save up. He also gave some tips on where to go, what to eat, etc. Our room was very tiny (even without the extra bed). The bathroom was especially very cramped and the door couldn't even open fully because of the tiny space. It was not very clean as there were some tiny insects that greeted us in the morning. No telephone inside the room. Good thing there was wi-fi. Location's not good. It's too far from the main places and the discounted price we got (Php 900/night) was not worth it.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Sam E
Reviewed July 27, 2011

As a business traveller,i know all Hotel has some flaws.Breakfast in the morning isn't really grand, My Standard room is kinda small, but just right for me. Next time , i book at this Hotel with my family, planned to get a Bigger Family room.But what i truly admire about this Hotel, is the attentive, friendly & honest staff. It was supposed to be a business trip, and i ended up sightseeing Old tourist spots & attractions in Cebu, with the valuable info from the front desk people. No need for tour guides, The Hotel planned out a D.I.Y. ( Do it Yourself ) sightseeing guide...Quite Fun actually. When i come back with my family, i can be their tour guide.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk people about the " D.I.Y. Tours "
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank tonydlord
Reviewed July 5, 2011

I'm having second thought when I called them for reservation since the price is so cheap but I really want to see the place since (I believe) this is the only place in Cebu with this kind of setting. So, we tried it for one night. I was a disappointed on our bathroom, it was so small I can't even stand up. Yes! they know you can't that's why they added a block there for you to sit on. I'm not sure if this is the case for all other room but we stayed at the top floor.

Next is the service, no problem with the reservation. But I was disappointed (again) when they asked us what time do we want our breakfast to be served and NEVER came. But all the people there are very friendly and always smiling.

The place needs heavy cleaning.

It's cheap.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Peyli
Reviewed June 19, 2011

I came to Mandaue in April and booked for 5 days using internet booking service, well I ended up staying for 2 months !!
The rooms are comfortable, with aircon, and ensuite bathrooms, breakfast is basic but included in the price. I dont have breakfast as a rule but they would provide me with fruits each morning with my coffee.
Staff are friendly and always willing to help, they even invited all the guests to share a birthday meal which was a wonderful surprise.
Yes the hotel is a little out of the way but still within 20 mins drive of SM mall, Ayela mall and 30 mins to the airport and all at less than 200 peso in taxi.
Pros: friendly staff
low rates
breakfast included

cons: internet wifi is slow and unreliable with staff sometimes switching it off at night (those guests from Europe often need internet at night to keep in touch with family etc!)

Overall this is the place I will stay when I return to Mandaue city.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank saf7670
Reviewed March 22, 2011

I booked myself and a collegue in this hotel. Honestly, their rates are pretty cheap.
But here are the things that will make you mad:
I booked online and made to believe the following:
a) Rate is PP550 per person but should be 2 persons sharing a room with 2 beds. In other words, they made it look cheap by saying P550 per person but if youre alone, you pay P1,100 cause thats the room rate really. there is no such things as person. ...witty
b) In the site i booked in, they still mentioned that there is a free airport transfer....when i checked out...they said they didnt have it already....wow!!! but i grabbed their half-page brochure on top of the reception table and it still said "free airport transfer".....they were just too lazy to cross it out
c) My total bill is P3,300 plus P200 (P100 per hour after the 12nn checkout). But to my surprise, they can only issue me a receipt for P2970....i said why? They said the website is a broker who got P330...and told me to ask receipt from the website.....huhu
d) Another funny thing....in my 2nd morning in the hotel, there was no hot water in the shower....i went down to the reception...the guy (maybe a member of the family who owns the hotel) went to the heater room.. Then told me there is hot water....just take a bath again...funny. Eventually, i leanred that you have to let the water run for 5 minutes before you can a slightly warm water.
I realize you get what you pay for. The food, old towels are ok with me. But what is not right is the promises and to your surprise are not provided. By the way, plus the fact that they cannot issue me a receipt for the rate of P3,300 they only gave me a probationary receipt!!! calling on BIR, do you allow an old establishment like Europa to issue Proby Receipts?

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business