It took us a long time to decide which island to choose for our honeymoon. We finally chose Kuramathi although we were a little nervous as it was more than we wanted to spend and some of the reviews were mixed. We had absolutely nothing to worry about, everything was perfect! I really don't know how people can make negative comments about this resort.
Our accomodation was lovely, we stayed in the second to last beach villa at the top of the island near the sand bank (No. 355). We felt spoilt as it was on stilts similar to a water villa, our view was amazing and a few steps across the island took us to our own beach. The snorkelling was fantastic (equipment included), we saw reef sharks on every trip to the edge of the outer reef from various points around the island.
It was a shame as they didn't know that we were on honeymoon. We were given a voucher for a bottle of wine which we could already get via the select all inclusive option and we had to ask for our bed to be decorated.
I would really recommend the select all inclusive option, the food was amazing in all of the restuarants. Even the buffet restuarant food was good although I imagine it could get a little samey. The staff were lovely, professional and friendly. The spa was a real treat if a little bit expensive.
If you can justify the cost I would recommend this resort to anyone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Measuring 1.8 km long, this idyllic resort in North Ari Atoll is dotted with lush flora and fauna, turquoise lagoons and tapers into a pristine sandbank. Catering to all budgets, the choices for villas are many, and ranges from the simple yet stylish Garden Villas to the ever popular honeymooners' favourite over water choice, Water Villa with Jacuzzi. Early 2016, Kuramathi is set to extend the options with new villa categories that will features villas over water, several with private pool and also two bedroom houses suitable for families or friends travelling together. Savour exquisite recipes from over 10 restaurants catering to diverse taste buds. Imbibe tropical concoctions in 6 bars conveniently placed around the island, and they have the added plus of regular evening entertainment. Leave your worries behind, and choose our great-value all inclusive packages to enjoy the best that Kuramathi has to offer. The Basic All Inclusive includes a wide range of premium beverages while the Select All Inclusive is ideal if you wish to have a taste of Kuramathi at its best where you wine and dine at any restaurant of your choice. Rejuvenate, revitalize and beautify at Kuramathi Spa, with its blend of diverse therapies using signature product line Voya, which comes from Ireland and is made from hard-harvested organic seaweed. Dive with eagle rays, friendly sharks and explore world class dive sites. Become a certified sailor at the only Royal Yachting Association certified water sports school in the Maldives. Bond with your family at Bageecha Kids Club and let the children indulge in fun yet educational programs. Learn more about the thriving organisms both in and out of water at the multi award winning Eco Centre. There is simply something for everyone on an island that is naturally Maldives - Kuramathi Island Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelUp, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Kuramathi Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuramathi Island Hotel Kuramathi
- Village Hotel Kuramathi
- Kuramathi Village Hotel
- Kuramathi Cottage Spa
- Kuramathi Island Resort Maldives