We found our water villa, 242, to be very private and so beautiful I actually felt quite emotional when first shown around.
I'm sure all the accommodation is of a very high standard but for us the jacuzzi water villa felt extremely luxurious & indulgent. From the beautiful deck area where we spent most of our time sunning ourselves to the wonderful cool of our air conditioned room a step away & outdoor access to the shower for a quick cool down - heavenly.
I've never been to the Maldives before so ive nothing to compare this island to but as far as I'm concerned kuramathi is everything & more than I ever wished for & although we never visit any one place twice this resort is somewhere I would happily return to at the drop of a hat.
We mostly only ate breakfast in our allocated restaurant the Malafaiy, there was a great variety of food on offer enough I'm sure to please the pickiest of eaters & the waiters were so friendly & helpful. We weren't usually ready for more food until around 3ish, after the Malafaiy had finished service but this wasn't a problem as we had some lovely salads, pizzas etc @ the island coffee shop which serves all day.
As we were a la carte all inclusive we found that by eating lunch later we chose the 9 pm sitting for our evening meal @ the restaurant of our choice which seemed to be a less popular time for the majority & had no problems getting into our chosen restaurant.
We loved the size of kuramathi, the great varied choice of restaurants & bars & the fact that it never seemed busy. We enjoyed walking & exploring the island which we did a lot of as we were constantly getting lost.
Not being much good in the water I thoroughly enjoyed spying all the different species of fish swimming around our decking, it would of been nice to have a chart in our room listing the fish so i could tick off the ones I saw - sorry that sounds a bit sad but I love the simple things in life!
A fabulous island that I dream of returning to one day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Rasdhoo Atoll , Kuramathi Maldives is 1.8 km in length and tapers to a pristine stretch of white sandbank, lending a dramatic quality to the idyllic surroundings of turquoise lagoons, tropical jungle and flora. Catering to all budgets, 12 distinct choices of villas are on offer, ranging from the individual Beach Villas to the idyllic Water Villas with Pool. A splendid pick for families and friends travelling together is the Two Bedroom Beach house. Savour exquisite dishes from 12 superb restaurants catering to diverse taste buds. Sip exotic cocktails in the 7 bars located in beautiful settings around the island. The island's vast size opens up to a wide range of activities. Immerse in therapeutic healing at Kuramathi Spa as we revive the holiday psyche. Younger guests find thrilling options at Bageecha Kids club, featuring fun and educational experiences. There is something for everyone on this paradisiacal haven that embodies Maldives in a natural setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelUp, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Kuramathi Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuramathi Island Hotel Kuramathi
- Village Hotel Kuramathi
- Kuramathi Village Hotel
- Kuramathi Cottage Spa
- Kuramathi Island Resort Maldives