During our wedding planning i decided i wanted to book our honeymoon and keep it a secret until our wedding day. After 10 months of telling the mrs we were going to Bognor she was amazed when i told her where we were going. The pressure was on and Kuramathi didn't disappoint us.
We had a beach villa 25 located about 30 yards from a stunning tree lined beach with clear blue water. Our room was spotless and cleaned twice a day and clean towels. The Island is fairly big so a shuttle cart is available to take you around the island but just walking around is better to take in all the views.
We were allocated to the Haruge restaurant where we were given a table for our stay the food was really good plenty to choose from with hot and cold food. The waiters were also very friendly and chatty our waiter Ali always knew the world cup scores and gave me updates every morning.
A few tips if you go.
Go see the Stingray feeding that happens every night at 18:30 the man is crazy
Snorkelling there is plenty of places to do this an is a must. Amazing fishes and sharks and if your lucky you will see a sea turtle.
Sunset at the top of the island is amazing to watch great for photos
Don't bother packing shoes you don't need them.
The spa is well worth a trip too as well its a bit expensive but the rooms overlooking the sea is stunning.
The only thing we found annoying was when you buy stuff from the shop you have to a service charge of 8% on top of 10% tax we were never told about this charge but it does add up by the end of your trip.
I would highly recommend Kuramathi i would go back tomorrow if i could.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Rasdhoo Atoll , Kuramathi Maldives is 1.8 km in length and tapers to a pristine stretch of white sandbank, lending a dramatic quality to the idyllic surroundings of turquoise lagoons, tropical jungle and flora. Catering to all budgets, 12 distinct choices of villas are on offer, ranging from the individual Beach Villas to the idyllic Water Villas with Pool. A splendid pick for families and friends travelling together is the Two Bedroom Beach house. Savour exquisite dishes from 12 superb restaurants catering to diverse taste buds. Sip exotic cocktails in the 7 bars located in beautiful settings around the island. The island's vast size opens up to a wide range of activities. Immerse in therapeutic healing at Kuramathi Spa as we revive the holiday psyche. Younger guests find thrilling options at Bageecha Kids club, featuring fun and educational experiences. There is something for everyone on this paradisiacal haven that embodies Maldives in a natural setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Kuramathi Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuramathi Island Hotel Kuramathi
- Village Hotel Kuramathi
- Kuramathi Village Hotel
- Kuramathi Cottage Spa
- Kuramathi Island Resort Maldives