Unusual for a Maldivian holiday the food was not the highlight this time around and even pretty average at times. The buffet was quite poor by Maldives standards, would definitely recommend the all inclusive restaurants over that. One problem the chefs seem to have is over-cooking the fish - whether it be a tuna fillet or a whole sea bass it seemed to come over-cooked and hence lose all it's flavour...really disappointing. The two restaurants which were better for this were the Thai and the Palm (great for lunch).
The bathrooms here are not good, whether the public ones in the bars/restaurants or in the rooms. They look as though the resort haven't spent any money on them in the last ~10yrs. Also...two cockroaches in the room....appreciate there's a lot of bugs on these islands but surely this is something they should have sorted out.
Despite that... Kuramathi is surely the destination for snorkelling and diving fanatics because the house reef is seriously good. You can not only spot loads of ~5ft sharks in the reef but actually swim ~ a metre away from them. For the swimming with sharks experience go out on the reef side around the mid of the water villas, there was a pack of 5-6 pretty big black tip sharks which seem to circle around that area. Also look out for the big schools of parrot fish, in a school they will let you swim alongside them for some great underwater photos.
Bear in mind as well this is a very family orientated resort, loads of kids.
In conclusion - it's not bad, but not great either. Though swimming with sharks could rank in the top 10 greatest experiences of a lifetime (if you're into that kind of thing...).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Measuring 1.8 km long, this idyllic resort in North Ari Atoll is dotted with lush flora and fauna, turquoise lagoons and tapers into a pristine sandbank. Catering to all budgets, the choices for villas are many, and ranges from the simple yet stylish Garden Villas to the ever popular honeymooners' favourite over water choice, Water Villa with Jacuzzi. Early 2016, Kuramathi is set to extend the options with new villa categories that will features villas over water, several with private pool and also two bedroom houses suitable for families or friends travelling together. Savour exquisite recipes from over 10 restaurants catering to diverse taste buds. Imbibe tropical concoctions in 6 bars conveniently placed around the island, and they have the added plus of regular evening entertainment. Leave your worries behind, and choose our great-value all inclusive packages to enjoy the best that Kuramathi has to offer. The Basic All Inclusive includes a wide range of premium beverages while the Select All Inclusive is ideal if you wish to have a taste of Kuramathi at its best where you wine and dine at any restaurant of your choice. Rejuvenate, revitalize and beautify at Kuramathi Spa, with its blend of diverse therapies using signature product line Voya, which comes from Ireland and is made from hard-harvested organic seaweed. Dive with eagle rays, friendly sharks and explore world class dive sites. Become a certified sailor at the only Royal Yachting Association certified water sports school in the Maldives. Bond with your family at Bageecha Kids Club and let the children indulge in fun yet educational programs. Learn more about the thriving organisms both in and out of water at the multi award winning Eco Centre. There is simply something for everyone on an island that is naturally Maldives - Kuramathi Island Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Kuramathi Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuramathi Island Hotel Kuramathi
- Village Hotel Kuramathi
- Kuramathi Village Hotel
- Kuramathi Cottage Spa
- Kuramathi Island Resort Maldives