Stayed here for seven nights following a tour of Sri Lanka. Beautiful island with some amazing friendly staff. The staff around the hotel were lovely but unfortunately the staff at reception were not all that helpful.
So pleased that we opted for the Select All Inclusive as the main buffet restaurant was not that impressive. The food was luke warm and nothing special. The restaurants on the select all inclusive were fabulous, so if you can stretch the budget I would definitely recommend this option. The Reef restaurant was one of our favourites along with the Island BBQ. The only problem was managing to get into the restaurants as you have to prebook, this was a problem unless you were prepared to get up early to go and and book them. We ended up having to call our rep as the reception staff would just say 'sorry fully booked'. After telephoning the rep, she managed to get us a table on the night we requested with no problems. Every night when we were at the restaurants none of them were full so really couldn't understand this.
No problems with any drinks, cocktails were amazing I have to say.
Both the pools were clean and the garden areas were lovely.
We booked a beach villa which we were led to believe overlooked the beach, this is not the case! These are really garden villas as we couldn't even see the sea from our villa. I really think this is misleading and wrong. But the villas itself was lovely, immaculately clean and had everything you would need.
The island is kept wonderfully.
All in all we had an amazing holiday but the biggest disappointment was that we were there to celebrate our 25th anniversary and our travel agent had sent an email out to the island to explain this and we were told to take our wedding certificate with us to prove this, which we did. Unfortunately this was not even acknowledged! I told the rep who really didn't make anything of it. She asked it we'd received anything in our room, which we didn't, and that was it. Slightly disappointed with Kuoni and not not sure I would use them again. I loved the island and the majority of the staff were amazing but am more than likely going to try another island the next time. I would recommend it to friends but would inform them of the little downsides to it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Measuring 1.8 km long, this idyllic resort in North Ari Atoll is dotted with lush flora and fauna, turquoise lagoons and tapers into a pristine sandbank. Catering to all budgets, the choices for villas are many, and ranges from the simple yet stylish Garden Villas to the ever popular honeymooners' favourite over water choice, Water Villa with Jacuzzi. Early 2016, Kuramathi is set to extend the options with new villa categories that will features villas over water, several with private pool and also two bedroom houses suitable for families or friends travelling together. Savour exquisite recipes from over 10 restaurants catering to diverse taste buds. Imbibe tropical concoctions in 6 bars conveniently placed around the island, and they have the added plus of regular evening entertainment. Leave your worries behind, and choose our great-value all inclusive packages to enjoy the best that Kuramathi has to offer. The Basic All Inclusive includes a wide range of premium beverages while the Select All Inclusive is ideal if you wish to have a taste of Kuramathi at its best where you wine and dine at any restaurant of your choice. Rejuvenate, revitalize and beautify at Kuramathi Spa, with its blend of diverse therapies using signature product line Voya, which comes from Ireland and is made from hard-harvested organic seaweed. Dive with eagle rays, friendly sharks and explore world class dive sites. Become a certified sailor at the only Royal Yachting Association certified water sports school in the Maldives. Bond with your family at Bageecha Kids Club and let the children indulge in fun yet educational programs. Learn more about the thriving organisms both in and out of water at the multi award winning Eco Centre. There is simply something for everyone on an island that is naturally Maldives - Kuramathi Island Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cancelon, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Priceline, TravelUp and getaroom.com so you can book your Kuramathi Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuramathi Island Hotel Kuramathi
- Village Hotel Kuramathi
- Kuramathi Village Hotel
- Kuramathi Cottage Spa
- Kuramathi Island Resort Maldives