I returned from Kuramathi 2 months ago, and have only just got on top of my waistline problem.
The whole experience was just fantastic from the moment we stepped onto the island to the point we took off by seaplane.
After a 10 hr flight on BA we had opted for boat transfer to the island, now if you are not a seasoned sailor and suffer from sea sickness perhaps you may want to think about how you transfer to kuramathi as it can be a bit of a rough crossing from male, as one of the passengers on our crossing was a little ill during the boat trip, made me smile thou !!!!!!!!
As for the island, it is about 1600m long with all types of accommodation and restaurants spread across it. There is a shuttle bus service running up and down but there is no schedule to it, so walking is the best option, but helps walk off the daily intake of calories. There is to levels of all inclusive, one restricts you to eating in the buffet restaurant you are allocated on arrival and select all inclusive which allows you to eat anywhere,, and from my experience I would recommend going for the select option as the food in the restaurants is excellent without any exceptions.
I would defy anyone to find fault with the food and service you receive on the Island, and my wife and I are well travelled around the world and could not write anything negative about the resort.
So in short go and enjoy the experience offered here and come back totally relaxed and with an increased waist line !!!!!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Rasdhoo Atoll , Kuramathi Maldives is 1.8 km in length and tapers to a pristine stretch of white sandbank, lending a dramatic quality to the idyllic surroundings of turquoise lagoons, tropical jungle and flora. Catering to all budgets, 12 distinct choices of villas are on offer, ranging from the individual Beach Villas to the idyllic Water Villas with Pool. A splendid pick for families and friends travelling together is the Two Bedroom Beach house. Savour exquisite dishes from 12 superb restaurants catering to diverse taste buds. Sip exotic cocktails in the 7 bars located in beautiful settings around the island. The island's vast size opens up to a wide range of activities. Immerse in therapeutic healing at Kuramathi Spa as we revive the holiday psyche. Younger guests find thrilling options at Bageecha Kids club, featuring fun and educational experiences. There is something for everyone on this paradisiacal haven that embodies Maldives in a natural setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Kuramathi Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuramathi Island Hotel Kuramathi
- Village Hotel Kuramathi
- Kuramathi Village Hotel
- Kuramathi Cottage Spa
- Kuramathi Island Resort Maldives