This is my third trip to the Maldives. And coming from someone that is fairly well travelled. I can honestly say without a shadow of doubt this is the best place ive ever stayed at. I hope this review helps. ive split it into a few point.
first tip - SELECT ALL INCLUSIVE - SELECT ALL INCLUSIVE - SELECT ALL INCLUSIVE
1 - Food - Some of the best food ive eaten, select all inclusive is a must you would be a fool not to go on this plan there is something for eveyone. My personal favourites were duniye and the island bbq my partner loved the reef. Everything was so fresh, The only downside was that at the duniye there was no option for side orders or chopping and changing the menu. but there is nothing stopping you ordering 2x starters, mains or desserts, seriously we did this and its fine. The food was esquisite. Sometimes i found with most of the resturants is that they do like there salt. coming from a catering background things were slightly (and im being really picky here) over seasoned. remember to book resturants in the morning some of the popular ones can fill up fast. and when you first arrive for check in dont forget to book your first 3 days.
2. Drink - as much as you want, all included, except orange juice and champagne, there were about 4 pages of cocktails without 30 to choose from all free - again a benefit for having select AI, also some bottles wines were included and they were fine as a red wine drinker they were nice enough,
3. Beach and sea - Its as you expect - picture postcard perfect, go to the lagoon side if u prefer to swim and sunbathe. much wider stretch of beach, the sea was aamazing crystal clear. for snorkelling there ae snorkel channels rangnig from beginer to advance, just be mindful of the tide, once we were stranded outside teh reef and sea level too low to get back over the corel without damaging it or ourselves(its razor sharp if you scrape yourself, that will surely bring the sharks)
4. Snorkelling - Ive snorkled a lot in the carribean and have to say this is one of the best, great to snorkel with all the reef sharks swimming by you.
5.Diving - for the more adventurours i recomend diving. the staff at the padi dive centre were amazing i finished off my open water there and also did a night dive course, deep dive and a nitrox course - the whole team were brilliant - Big shout out to Ian, Amanda,Yvonne and ameen, there super efficient. We did the deep dive to see the hammerheads which was out of this world to see them glide past you.
6. accomodation - we stayed in the beach villas and were more than happy with them, especially there location some of the different room types were no the reef side and there was little or no beach outside them. there are about 7 different type of accomodation so its a little confusing to start with, but do your research i reccomend skimping on the accom and splash out on the select all inclusive.
7. Staff - excellent very polite and friendly, ibrahim was really nice and always had time for a quick chat, there super efficient and proffesional - We travel as a same sex couple and found there was not a problem not even a batted eyelid(sometimes travleling to a muslim country can be a little unnerving)
8.Spa - one day it was raining so i had a hot stone massage - well worth the money, very relaxing and the pool near the spa is quieter than the main pool if your a pool person.
I'm not sure what else to say other than book it, you won't regret it.
everyone says mossies are a pain here, the month before i took vitimin b and odourless garlic as did my partner. We did not get bit once, but other people were getting eaten alive.
if your traveling via dubai do all your duty free shopping on the way back from dubai and not from teh maldives, much cheaper
have small notes for tips, although its not needed, we always tipped 1 dollor for drinks 5 dollers for dinner. its appreciated but never expected.
a visit to see the sting ray feednig is great but get there early to get the best seats
sea plane all the way, dont do the boat,
and above anything else, have fun - We cant wait to go back
my only negative was WIFI was expensive but this has been changed since we come back(typical) its free now on select all inclusive
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Rasdhoo Atoll , Kuramathi Maldives is 1.8 km in length and tapers to a pristine stretch of white sandbank, lending a dramatic quality to the idyllic surroundings of turquoise lagoons, tropical jungle and flora. Catering to all budgets, 12 distinct choices of villas are on offer, ranging from the individual Beach Villas to the idyllic Water Villas with Pool. A splendid pick for families and friends travelling together is the Two Bedroom Beach house. Savour exquisite dishes from 12 superb restaurants catering to diverse taste buds. Sip exotic cocktails in the 7 bars located in beautiful settings around the island. The island's vast size opens up to a wide range of activities. Immerse in therapeutic healing at Kuramathi Spa as we revive the holiday psyche. Younger guests find thrilling options at Bageecha Kids club, featuring fun and educational experiences. There is something for everyone on this paradisiacal haven that embodies Maldives in a natural setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Booking.com, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Kuramathi Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuramathi Island Hotel Kuramathi
- Village Hotel Kuramathi
- Kuramathi Village Hotel
- Kuramathi Cottage Spa
- Kuramathi Island Resort Maldives