My wife and I stayed on Kuramathi for ten days in early September following a four day trip to Dubai. All in all, we had a brilliant time despite pretty poor weather for the first five days (not too much rain really, but very overcast with rough seas).
Firstly this is a very big island by Maldives standards, and whilst this suited us due to the numerous dining options, those looking for the 'desert island' feeling may not like the mini-bus which acts as a shuttle around the resort.
The 'select all inclusive' package is a must in our view - the a la carte restaurants here are exceptional, we ate lunch in the Italian Restaurant or Coffee Shop (Burgers etc off the menu) everyday and were massively impressed. At dinner we tried all six of the 'a la cartes' and enjoyed them all (although watch out for some frankly weird combinations in the Dhoniye restaurant). Our favourites were the Island BBQ and Siam Garden, the steak at Island BBQ is amazing (but the 3x Chilli options at Siam are extremely hot so think carefully before choosing them). Our only real experience of the buffet food was at breakfast, which to be honest is only average at best, we tried the Maldivian breakfast at the Coffee shop once, which was an experience but fish curry at 9am didn't quite feel right.
Bar service was exceptional at all three bars, and again the AI package is very generous with genuine premium brands included (Chivas Regal / JW Black Label etc).
Our biggest regret (only regret really) was the room. We went for a standard Beach Villa, which was of a good size but stuck in the jungle and very dark, in retrospect we wish we'd gone for the Deluxe Beach Villa which are located at the tip of the island, and whilst smaller (and semi-detached) have a lovely setting over-looking the beach and ocean. These villas also have an indoor bath in addition to the outdoor rainfall shower, which would have been appreciated as we did have an encounter with a massive (8 inch) spider in the outdoor shower on our first night (although we never saw one again).
Snorkelling here was great, there were even fish to be seen in the lagoon to the left of the infinity pool for the less adventurous, although we found the best spot to the be to the right of the entry jetty. The sunset cruise is well worth doing too, some great photo opportunities as well as a chance to take a look at Veligandu island resort which is nearby.
All in all, a great stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Measuring 1.8 km long, this idyllic resort in North Ari Atoll is dotted with lush flora and fauna, turquoise lagoons and tapers into a pristine sandbank. Catering to all budgets, the choices for villas are many, and ranges from the simple yet stylish Garden Villas to the ever popular honeymooners' favourite over water choice, Water Villa with Jacuzzi. Early 2016, Kuramathi is set to extend the options with new villa categories that will features villas over water, several with private pool and also two bedroom houses suitable for families or friends travelling together. Savour exquisite recipes from over 10 restaurants catering to diverse taste buds. Imbibe tropical concoctions in 6 bars conveniently placed around the island, and they have the added plus of regular evening entertainment. Leave your worries behind, and choose our great-value all inclusive packages to enjoy the best that Kuramathi has to offer. The Basic All Inclusive includes a wide range of premium beverages while the Select All Inclusive is ideal if you wish to have a taste of Kuramathi at its best where you wine and dine at any restaurant of your choice. Rejuvenate, revitalize and beautify at Kuramathi Spa, with its blend of diverse therapies using signature product line Voya, which comes from Ireland and is made from hard-harvested organic seaweed. Dive with eagle rays, friendly sharks and explore world class dive sites. Become a certified sailor at the only Royal Yachting Association certified water sports school in the Maldives. Bond with your family at Bageecha Kids Club and let the children indulge in fun yet educational programs. Learn more about the thriving organisms both in and out of water at the multi award winning Eco Centre. There is simply something for everyone on an island that is naturally Maldives - Kuramathi Island Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, TravelUp, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Kuramathi Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuramathi Island Hotel Kuramathi
- Village Hotel Kuramathi
- Kuramathi Village Hotel
- Kuramathi Cottage Spa
- Kuramathi Island Resort Maldives