We have just returned from our honeymoon for 10 nights at kuramathi. First of all we did go direct with BA, we paid a little extra for this but as a person who doesnt like flying, this is totally worth it! Upon arrival we sat in the private lounge for kuramathi guests, whilst waiting for the sea plane, this was 2 hrs wait but we were very happy and relaxed so didnt mind! free drinks in here too!
The sea plane was not quite as luxurious as we imagined but again definately worth it as i have heard that the boat transfer is quite choppy.
We paid for a deluxe beach villa and upon arrival were upgraded to a water villa, which took our breath away it was incredible.
We read lots of reviews telling you to go all inclusive, however we went full board as we dont really drink much. It worked out much better financially as you get free tea and coffee with every meal in the buffet restaurants (they dont tend to advertise this much so just ask your waiter). Overall we spent about £300 on drinks over 10 days. We drank water all day and then had wine and beer on the evenings, it was going to cost £700 to upgrade to all inclusive so this was def worth sticking with FB.
The service at the resort is impeccable, we felt like kings, the waiters and room boys cant do enough for you.
We ate out at the indian, italian and island bbq. They were all lovely, very good quality food. We had the flambe steak at BBQ and this was pricey but very nice.
We had a couples massage for $160 which was very nice out on the jetty although not as relaxing as uk massages.
If you like relaxing, good food and great service, with some amazing fish to swim with, then this is the place for you. This is the 3rd biggest island apparently and it certainly felt big, lots to do but not over crowded. We would go back in a heartbeat!
Oh and feather pillows and quilts are amazing, havent slept so well in a long time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Rasdhoo Atoll , Kuramathi Maldives is 1.8 km in length and tapers to a pristine stretch of white sandbank, lending a dramatic quality to the idyllic surroundings of turquoise lagoons, tropical jungle and flora. Catering to all budgets, 12 distinct choices of villas are on offer, ranging from the individual Beach Villas to the idyllic Water Villas with Pool. A splendid pick for families and friends travelling together is the Two Bedroom Beach house. Savour exquisite dishes from 12 superb restaurants catering to diverse taste buds. Sip exotic cocktails in the 7 bars located in beautiful settings around the island. The island's vast size opens up to a wide range of activities. Immerse in therapeutic healing at Kuramathi Spa as we revive the holiday psyche. Younger guests find thrilling options at Bageecha Kids club, featuring fun and educational experiences. There is something for everyone on this paradisiacal haven that embodies Maldives in a natural setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Agoda, TravelUp, Ctrip TA, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Kuramathi Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuramathi Island Hotel Kuramathi
- Village Hotel Kuramathi
- Kuramathi Village Hotel
- Kuramathi Cottage Spa
- Kuramathi Island Resort Maldives