We returned to Kuramathi as it has everything, beautiful beaches, best snorkelling, unbelievable food for an A.I (definitely upgrade to the select all in) and the friendliest staff in the world. We have a two year old and there is no doubt that the maldivians love children. She was treated like a princess, and every day the waiters in the various restaurants would make paper structures of birds, animals, flowers, I could go on!
Ahmed in the island grill deserves a very special mention, very talented and destined to be a top artist, I'm surprised why the resort don't swap his job to island artist and pop him in his own shop. He is clearly a very good waiter and chef (cooking the steak dianes in front of you) Something they are clearly missing and I think most people would love to take their own little piece of kuramathi away in the form of a canvas. Kuramathi management please take note!!
Sameeh in the Indian is also a lovely guy and encouraged us to take on the local staff at football which was great fun!
The food was once again great, the Reef my favourite (no under 6's here) but we found a babysitter! The palm (Italian) island grill and Thai also superb!
The snorkelling in the house reef is something to behold, barracudas, stingrays and large reef sharks (up to 6 foot) frequent the waters and nothing is harmful and all a one minute swim from the beach. You could also be sunbathing and a baby reef shark could beach himself in an attempt to gain lunch with some small fish!
So no negatives with maybe the exception being the Mosquitos and large ants which are common in all over. Unfortunately I think the island is too large to fumigate and we all had some quite nasty bites, that's nature and not the resort's fault though!
So if you are a family with young children and want to go to the Maldives, Kuramathi is without doubt the place to go!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Measuring 1.8 km long, this idyllic resort in North Ari Atoll is dotted with lush flora and fauna, turquoise lagoons and tapers into a pristine sandbank. Catering to all budgets, the choices for villas are many, and ranges from the simple yet stylish Garden Villas to the ever popular honeymooners' favourite over water choice, Water Villa with Jacuzzi. Early 2016, Kuramathi is set to extend the options with new villa categories that will features villas over water, several with private pool and also two bedroom houses suitable for families or friends travelling together. Savour exquisite recipes from over 10 restaurants catering to diverse taste buds. Imbibe tropical concoctions in 6 bars conveniently placed around the island, and they have the added plus of regular evening entertainment. Leave your worries behind, and choose our great-value all inclusive packages to enjoy the best that Kuramathi has to offer. The Basic All Inclusive includes a wide range of premium beverages while the Select All Inclusive is ideal if you wish to have a taste of Kuramathi at its best where you wine and dine at any restaurant of your choice. Rejuvenate, revitalize and beautify at Kuramathi Spa, with its blend of diverse therapies using signature product line Voya, which comes from Ireland and is made from hard-harvested organic seaweed. Dive with eagle rays, friendly sharks and explore world class dive sites. Become a certified sailor at the only Royal Yachting Association certified water sports school in the Maldives. Bond with your family at Bageecha Kids Club and let the children indulge in fun yet educational programs. Learn more about the thriving organisms both in and out of water at the multi award winning Eco Centre. There is simply something for everyone on an island that is naturally Maldives - Kuramathi Island Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TravelUp, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Kuramathi Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuramathi Island Hotel Kuramathi
- Village Hotel Kuramathi
- Kuramathi Village Hotel
- Kuramathi Cottage Spa
- Kuramathi Island Resort Maldives