We spend a week in Kuramathi Island for our honeymoon. We stayed in a Deluxe beach villa with Jacuzzi and had chosen the select all inclusive meal plan.
On arrival we received a non alcoholic cocktail at the main reception while waiting for our room to get ready. The staff was extremely welcome. We were shown to our room where our luggage was delivered.
The room was on the beach just near the Malaafayi restaurant. Very clean and with welcoming flowers and decorations. There was a separate area with a wardrobe and minibar (with non alcoholic beverages) and coffee making facilities. The bathroom was quite roomy with two sinks and a bath. The outdoor space was quite big with an outdoor shower and an outdoor jacuzzi. There was also an outdoor day bed which was pretty much a matress and nothing like the pictures on the website, which was a bit disappointing.
At first we realised the wifi and the tv control wasn't working but it was fixed the same day when we rang the reception.
Our rooms were cleaned twice a day. We took our time to get up in the morning and went for breakfast around 9.45. What we found slightly irritating was the fact that almost every morning the guy who was cleaning the rooms would stand outside waiting for us to leave. We had to let the 'do not disturb' sign outside just to make sure we could come back to the room and get ready for the beach after breakfast and not find them mid cleaning.
There was a card that you could complete if you had any problems with the room and supposedly it would be fixed. We had requested for the water in the jacuzzi to be changed but unfortunately this never happened.
The breakfast was quite good and quite plenty of options. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Made us feel very comfortable.
The island itself was very big and you had a lot of beaches to choose from. The two pool bars were also quite nice and never too crowded. The mini bus service was quite good and we had this option if we were too tired or too bored to walk back to our room from the other side of the island.
There were a few bars to choose from. We quite liked the fun bar. Dhoni bar was near our room and one of the prettiest ones but unfortunately the cocktailes were really poorly quality in comparison with the other bars.
We had the select all inclusive meal plan. We would definetely recommend this as the food at the resorts restaurants was not as good as we expected. We ate there once or twice and then never went back. Our favourite was the island barbeque probably. We also had quite a few lunch meals at the island coffee shop. The indian and also siam garden were quite good. Although to be honest we weren't particulary impressed by the food overall.
Having researched quite a lot into many resorts in the maldives before booking this it was definitely the best value for money. We would totally recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Measuring 1.8 km long, this idyllic resort in North Ari Atoll is dotted with lush flora and fauna, turquoise lagoons and tapers into a pristine sandbank. Catering to all budgets, the choices for villas are many, and ranges from the simple yet stylish Garden Villas to the ever popular honeymooners' favourite over water choice, Water Villa with Jacuzzi. Early 2016, Kuramathi is set to extend the options with new villa categories that will features villas over water, several with private pool and also two bedroom houses suitable for families or friends travelling together. Savour exquisite recipes from over 10 restaurants catering to diverse taste buds. Imbibe tropical concoctions in 6 bars conveniently placed around the island, and they have the added plus of regular evening entertainment. Leave your worries behind, and choose our great-value all inclusive packages to enjoy the best that Kuramathi has to offer. The Basic All Inclusive includes a wide range of premium beverages while the Select All Inclusive is ideal if you wish to have a taste of Kuramathi at its best where you wine and dine at any restaurant of your choice. Rejuvenate, revitalize and beautify at Kuramathi Spa, with its blend of diverse therapies using signature product line Voya, which comes from Ireland and is made from hard-harvested organic seaweed. Dive with eagle rays, friendly sharks and explore world class dive sites. Become a certified sailor at the only Royal Yachting Association certified water sports school in the Maldives. Bond with your family at Bageecha Kids Club and let the children indulge in fun yet educational programs. Learn more about the thriving organisms both in and out of water at the multi award winning Eco Centre. There is simply something for everyone on an island that is naturally Maldives - Kuramathi Island Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, TravelUp, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Kuramathi Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuramathi Island Hotel Kuramathi
- Village Hotel Kuramathi
- Kuramathi Village Hotel
- Kuramathi Cottage Spa
- Kuramathi Island Resort Maldives