We stayed at Kuramathi for our honeymoon for 10 days in September after it was recommended by the Kuoni agent who had sent her daughter there on their honeymoon. We flew Emirates via Dubai (which had excellent service throughout) and arriving at Male was perfect. Ok there were queues getting through immigration but after that the service by Kuoni then the seaplane transfer were efficient and faultless. The transfer via plane is 20 minutes, much quicker and better views than the speedboat (which we got on the way back due to early transfer). We were greeted with cold towels & a drink then a quick welcome and taken to our rooms. We had a superior beach villa with jacuzzi, number 122. To be honest I probably wouldn't bother with the jacuzzi if we went again as it took a little getting used to and took a while heating up.
Now I know everyone says you must go select all inclusive but we opted for the basic all inclusive. You get allocated a restuarant dependant on where you're accomodation is, then have a table allocated to you. You get so much choice with the food and a different buffet is on every night. We had a free candlelight dinner as it was our honeymoon which was on the beach with waiter service. We also ate out at the Island Barbecue and Siam Gardens (thai) which was amazing. You get your drinks free and also 20% off the food so it didn't work out that expensive (about £30 for thai and £50 for barbecue for both of us - that's starters and main). You have to sign for everything, drinks/food/gifts even if you are all inclusive (the bill just shows as 0) then if you have bought anything you just pay when you check out.
Out of all the bars, Laguna was our favourite, it's at the top of the island and where they do the stingray feeding. It's a bit quieter than the Fung and Dhoni bar but very friendly and make sure you see the band 'Wood', they are really good.
I really loved Kuramathi and would recommend it to anyone. We got lucky with the weather, only a few showers late at night so not a problem, but it is a tropical island so you take a chance in monsoon season. Also mosquitos are a problem so take a good strong spray with you!
Things I would recommend doing:
Feeding of the stingrays - never seen anything like it!
Walk to the tip of the island at sunset - beautiful
Sunset cruise - watch the amazing colours in the sky with a glass of fizz
Film night on the beach - romantic
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Measuring 1.8 km long, this idyllic resort in North Ari Atoll is dotted with lush flora and fauna, turquoise lagoons and tapers into a pristine sandbank. Catering to all budgets, the choices for villas are many, and ranges from the simple yet stylish Garden Villas to the ever popular honeymooners' favourite over water choice, Water Villa with Jacuzzi. Early 2016, Kuramathi is set to extend the options with new villa categories that will features villas over water, several with private pool and also two bedroom houses suitable for families or friends travelling together. Savour exquisite recipes from over 10 restaurants catering to diverse taste buds. Imbibe tropical concoctions in 6 bars conveniently placed around the island, and they have the added plus of regular evening entertainment. Leave your worries behind, and choose our great-value all inclusive packages to enjoy the best that Kuramathi has to offer. The Basic All Inclusive includes a wide range of premium beverages while the Select All Inclusive is ideal if you wish to have a taste of Kuramathi at its best where you wine and dine at any restaurant of your choice. Rejuvenate, revitalize and beautify at Kuramathi Spa, with its blend of diverse therapies using signature product line Voya, which comes from Ireland and is made from hard-harvested organic seaweed. Dive with eagle rays, friendly sharks and explore world class dive sites. Become a certified sailor at the only Royal Yachting Association certified water sports school in the Maldives. Bond with your family at Bageecha Kids Club and let the children indulge in fun yet educational programs. Learn more about the thriving organisms both in and out of water at the multi award winning Eco Centre. There is simply something for everyone on an island that is naturally Maldives - Kuramathi Island Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Kuramathi Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuramathi Island Hotel Kuramathi
- Village Hotel Kuramathi
- Kuramathi Village Hotel
- Kuramathi Cottage Spa
- Kuramathi Island Resort Maldives