We came here on honeymoon in July 2012 for 1 week after a week in Sri Lanka.
Lots of honeymooning couples, so not a great singles holiday perhaps.
Well I was a little skeptical about beach holidays, but with the availability of awesome scuba diving and snorkelling, I found that relaxing on the beach after a dive is brilliant and I came away with a real appreciation of this island resort. The rooms and food were excellent, and given that we went all inclusive, you had no worries about cost when trying to keep yourself hydrated whether on the beach, or 'ahem,' at the bar. What is included in your tariff is well explained, though it could be clearer when it comes to the minibar.
Go all inclusive. I'm almost certain it will work out as cheaper for most people.
The diving centre was great, and the staff there like Sebastian were really helpful for me with my new camera and underwater housing. Out of season, there is not a great chance of seeing manta rays or whale sharks. But the other rays, sharks and turtles more than make up for this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Measuring 1.8 km long, this idyllic resort in North Ari Atoll is dotted with lush flora and fauna, turquoise lagoons and tapers into a pristine sandbank. Catering to all budgets, the choices for villas are many, and ranges from the simple yet stylish Garden Villas to the ever popular honeymooners' favourite over water choice, Water Villa with Jacuzzi. Early 2016, Kuramathi is set to extend the options with new villa categories that will features villas over water, several with private pool and also two bedroom houses suitable for families or friends travelling together. Savour exquisite recipes from over 10 restaurants catering to diverse taste buds. Imbibe tropical concoctions in 6 bars conveniently placed around the island, and they have the added plus of regular evening entertainment. Leave your worries behind, and choose our great-value all inclusive packages to enjoy the best that Kuramathi has to offer. The Basic All Inclusive includes a wide range of premium beverages while the Select All Inclusive is ideal if you wish to have a taste of Kuramathi at its best where you wine and dine at any restaurant of your choice. Rejuvenate, revitalize and beautify at Kuramathi Spa, with its blend of diverse therapies using signature product line Voya, which comes from Ireland and is made from hard-harvested organic seaweed. Dive with eagle rays, friendly sharks and explore world class dive sites. Become a certified sailor at the only Royal Yachting Association certified water sports school in the Maldives. Bond with your family at Bageecha Kids Club and let the children indulge in fun yet educational programs. Learn more about the thriving organisms both in and out of water at the multi award winning Eco Centre. There is simply something for everyone on an island that is naturally Maldives - Kuramathi Island Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Booking.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kuramathi Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuramathi Island Hotel Kuramathi
- Village Hotel Kuramathi
- Kuramathi Village Hotel
- Kuramathi Cottage Spa
- Kuramathi Island Resort Maldives