I went here for my honeymoon, I always knew I wanted to go to the Maldives but not sure where, after much deliberation I picked Kuramathi on recommendation from the Kuoni rep, I was not dissapointed, it was a lovely 10 day stay and a perfect honeymoon destination. I did make a massive error though, we used Kuoni as the wedding list, and being mad busy with wedding plans, when all the paper work came through I didn't check them, just presuming all the information was correct, after all you are paying for a high premium agent..We reached the resort and in the meeting with our rep Emma, I realised I had discussed and arranged to pay for the al la carte all inclusive not the normal one, although the paper work didn't say this, when I mentioned this to Emma, I was advised the rep had left Kuoni and they couldn't trace anything, I would have to deal with it when we went back to the UK, she wasn't massively bothered at all. The reason I opted for al la carte is I'm vegetarian and strongly recommend anyone thinking of going to upgrade to this package, as i really struggled with the food. I did speak to the chef and he was very sweet but still on two evenings all I could eat were potato wedges. On four occasions we paid and went to the al la carte restaurants, well worth it, the Palm and Thai were fantastic.
We paid for a deluxe beach bungalow which was great, I loved the outside shower. I also had a balinese massage at the spa which is one of best massages I've ever had. The staff were fantastic and couldn't do enough for us. We were also based at the north of the island where they feed the stingrays and this was a great sun set point, and near to the walk where you reach the point of the island, this is the quietest part of the island. The outside cinema is also a nice experience.
When we got back I went to Kuoni to try to resolve the difference in packages, and the fact I paid for something we didn't get, despite the email trail I had printed off to prove it, they fobbed me off, I had to chase them several times, the after care service was terrible. They said I should of checked the paper work properly and accepted no responsibility and the rep had left so no one could back up what I said even though I had email evidence...My recommendations is go to this resort as it really was amazing but pick a better agent to travel with, I would never travel through them again. Another thing I did was I got a quote from Dial a Flight before booking with Kuoni and got them to match it, I saved 600 this way, some compensation thinking back now!!! I recommend anyone to do the same!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Rasdhoo Atoll , Kuramathi Maldives is 1.8 km in length and tapers to a pristine stretch of white sandbank, lending a dramatic quality to the idyllic surroundings of turquoise lagoons, tropical jungle and flora. Catering to all budgets, 12 distinct choices of villas are on offer, ranging from the individual Beach Villas to the idyllic Water Villas with Pool. A splendid pick for families and friends travelling together is the Two Bedroom Beach house. Savour exquisite dishes from 12 superb restaurants catering to diverse taste buds. Sip exotic cocktails in the 7 bars located in beautiful settings around the island. The island's vast size opens up to a wide range of activities. Immerse in therapeutic healing at Kuramathi Spa as we revive the holiday psyche. Younger guests find thrilling options at Bageecha Kids club, featuring fun and educational experiences. There is something for everyone on this paradisiacal haven that embodies Maldives in a natural setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TravelUp, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Kuramathi Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kuramathi Island Hotel Kuramathi
- Village Hotel Kuramathi
- Kuramathi Village Hotel
- Kuramathi Cottage Spa
- Kuramathi Island Resort Maldives