“Clean place to stay.”

Days Inn West Branch Iowa City Area
Ranked #1 of 2 West Branch B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

Its an older hotel yet clean. The Tv is old and screen was green. Continental breakfast is toast and donuts from a bag. Coffee weak. Going to the Kum and go across the street. I would stay again but bring my own food and coffee pot.

• Stayed: September 2012

Reviewed June 21, 2012

My family was staying at this hotel since all the hotels in Muscatine Iowa were full due to Soccer. I must say that this hotel does need some work done to it but the staff makes it all worth staying here. While the kids were in their rooms playing games, me and the wife enjoyed a few cocktails in the lounge. The hotel offers everything you might need with out actually leaving the parking lot. I am not sure if I would stay here again because of the 30 min commute to Muscatine for the tournament. This is always going to be my second option if Muscatine get full again. My girls got 3 more years of Soccer and we will be done. The rooms were very clean and quiet. They might have lacked some amenities physically but if you call the front desk, they are more than happy to supply you with a blow dryer or iron.

Room Tip: Good place to book when others are overbooked.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 1, 2012

My first problem was the high price- $75 dollars for one night in the middle of nowhere...but I needed a place, so I went ahead and paid. The first room I was given had a steady stream of water coming through from the upper floor of the building, and the manager asked me if it was okay if I stayed in there! Of course it's not okay! After getting a different room, I undid the sheets to find FRESH STAINS on them, burn holes in the blankets, and as if that wasn't enough, the shower didn't work! everything was dirty and smelled of sweat and sad, sad frustration. The owners do not take care of this place at all. I had COCKROACHES as roommates that kept me up all night, and was thoroughly afraid of getting under the sheets due to the uncleanliness. BE FOREWARNED that the owner will not give refunds! The overall attitude and service I received was unbecoming and extremely impolite.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank LCN1415
Presidentialinn, General Manager at Days Inn West Branch Iowa City Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

Thank you, for your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate the review even though it is negative and completely false. Since there were Olympic Wrestling tryouts in Iowa City we raised our rates. When supplies are low and demands are up we raise our prices. We did not raise the rate by much. We only raise the rate by $20. Most other hotels were charging $150 a night and you have to stay 2 nights. Let me just say that you were not given a room where there was steady stream of water coming through the ceiling. If that was the case you would not have been rented that room and that would have been put out of order till fixed. I’m not sure if you are being completely honest in your review. You said you spent the night with roaches and bugs crawling next to you in the room? Why would someone stay in a room like that? If there were that much roaches and stuff in the room wouldn’t you have noticed them during the first 10 minutes of your stay? Let’s say that there were roaches and stuff in the room why would you ask for an extended check out? In your review you say you would rather sleep in the back seat of your car then stay in our room. You also stated that we do not give out refunds? If we feel like the guest was correct and needs a refund we will. We will not give a guest a full refund if they stayed the whole night and not mention anything to us and then upon check out make fictitious claims. Sir I do not think you are being completely honest in your review. I bet if you had stayed at our hotel for free or for a discounted price than what you paid for you would never say these harsh criticisms. I hope you can open you eyes and see all the hard work we put into this hotel everyday.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

Ended up here since everything in Iowa City was booked. We were charged double the normal rate $84.00 since there was a special event in Iowa City. The place is OLD! thread bare carpet, spilled nail polish had stained the bathroom floor, horrible wall color and awful, poor lighting. Old fashioned, real key lock (no security lock inside the room), very thin walls could hear everything in the halls. Window in my room was sealed, very stuffy, the ac unit worked ok. Bring your own soap and hairdryer! No frills at this hotel!!! For the price we paid It was a huge rip-off. They claim to be up-dating but I saw nothing of the sort. They've got a lot of work to do.

Room Tip: Since the walls are paper thin a room on the end would be my suggestion. Bring your own, coffee, ha...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank cathyham54
Presidentialinn, Owner at Days Inn West Branch Iowa City Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate someone else perspective of our place. We are updating the hotel everyday, even if you do not see it. Most work that is done is behind the scenes. In 2010 we completely remodel the hotel with fresh paint and texture in the rooms. That year we also place new furniture in the rooms. In 2011 we painted the outside of our property, sealed the parking lot, and did extensive changes to our landscaping. In 2008 we added a Bar/lounge to the hotel. We are currently in the process of having our restaurant area open with a Mexican style atmosphere. We also added a new water heater and put on a new rubber roof this year. Either this winter or next year we will be renovating the hotel again to make it even better and maybe turn it into a franchise chain hotel. We know that property is old, it was built in the late 70’s and we acquired it in 2006. If you asked the locals that know this property since it was built they will tell you we have made tremendous changes to it. We have invested over 250k into this property since we bought it. We know that there is always room for improvements. We have to stay within our means or we would go bankrupt in this economy. I am sorry this was not the Hilton for you. Our property is Family run hotel and we take great pride in our hotel. I am sorry for any inconveniences that you may had.

Reviewed May 21, 2011

WHAT WAS I THINKING. This is my second review. I don't know why I gave this motel anything but an unsatisfactory rating. It was nothing as I remembered. Perhaps I was in a fog during my first stay. I had to ask for towels, kleenix and coffee. I would NOT stay here again. NOT!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank trailingwife77
Reviewed May 18, 2011

We were looking for a cheap, simple place to spend the night on our trip out west. This was the cheapest place we saw in a coupon book we grabbed at a rest area. This place was just what we were looking for. The room was very clean and had all of the essentials. We were pleasantly surprised that we could order a pizza in the bar downstairs. The pizza went very well with some refreshing cold beer. You can even play video games on a big flat screen tv or play some pool. We just chatted with the friendly bartender and other travelers while watching TV.

In the morning, checkout was simply putting your keys in the basket. They also put out some coffee, juice, toast, bagels, and cereal in a little nook near the desk so you can start your morning off right.

Overall we were very happy with our stay and would recommend it to anyone who isn't too fussy about staying in a motel without too many extra frills.

• Stayed: May 2011
3  Thank SleepyTimeD
Reviewed July 29, 2010

I thought this motel was a very good value. It had no frills such as in-room coffee, iron/ironing board, blow dryer but who needs those things when you can have a restful night and a refreshing shower in the morning. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank trailingwife77

Been to Days Inn West Branch Iowa City Area? Share your experiences!