“Beautiful and extrodinary place”
Review of Brick Arch Winery

Brick Arch Winery
Reviewed February 15, 2012

I was going to visit my sister at University of Iowa and saw the sign for the Winery it was nothing like I expected it to be. Everyone in there is so very nice and helpful they helped me find the perfect wine for the day as well as I learned about some of the towns history. It a great place to meet up with friends to have a drink and just relax and they even have live bands at times. It is convinently located off the expressway and is a must do if your in the area.

1  Thank Alise983

Reviewed January 21, 2012

Brick Arch Winery is unlike any winery I've visited. Instead of a single bar surrounded by stacks of boxes and displays, Brick Arch has a lot more class. It still has the main tasting bar in the main room when you walk in; however, beyond the doors lie three floors of seating, from cafe style table, to a library, to a "man cave" in the basement. Here, you're free to take your purchased bottle and enjoy, be it next to one of the fireplaces in the winter, or simply relaxing in an easy chair or rocker. The winery has marvelous oak floors and trim that add infinite amount of class. Plus, there's live music scheduled to take advantage of as well. Stop in for a quick tasting, or spend the afternoon enjoying some wonderful wine.

1  Thank Matt G
Reviewed January 18, 2012

Loved this winery because of great atmosphere & of course...the wine!! Found this on a Wednesday just after they opened @ noon. Bonnie was fun to talk with as she opened bottles to taste & shared the history of the building. Only wish we would have been in town for the evening's "women who wine" event! Great idea for a cold winter's night!!

2  Thank cjrobinson
Reviewed December 11, 2011

Last August I visited the Brick Arch Winery -- my second visit. What a lovely place to relax and have a wonderful glass of locally made wine. I am about to phone to see if they can help me with my Christmas gifts. The town provides a delightful turn-of the-century historical setting.

1  Thank John F
Reviewed December 8, 2011

I was in town for my very best friend's wedding ceremony and reception from California. The inside is very well done with lots of art on the walls and gorgeous wood finishing. True to it's name, there is a brick arch inside made from an old building using a keystone from 1907. Being from a small town I thought that was awesome and very nostalgic. I am no super wine connoisseur, but I have lived in California for two years and been to plenty of wineries to say that their wine is very good. If I am able to I look forward to another visit the next time I am in the area.

1  Thank Nicholas_Locke