“Herbert Hoover”

Herbert Hoover Presidential Library and Museum
More attraction details
Owner description: This library-museum commemorates the 31st President of the U.S. and the first born west of the Mississippi River. Exhibits track Hoover’s life and political career. The large temporary gallery has changing exhibits that relate to American history. The Museum sits on the grounds of the Hoover National historic site where visitors can tour Hoover's birthplace cottage, blacksmith shop, Quaker meeting house, the local school and the Hoover's gravesite.
Spring Hill, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Herbert Hoover”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We went to the town for Hoover Days and walked thru the museum and we were very impressed with how much information is there and the way it is presented is very good!

Visited September 2012

Davenport, Iowa
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Something different every time I go”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This is a terrific place to go. Herbert Hoover was credited for the Stock market crash in October 1929. This man has done great things that are overlooked or unknown by the public. He is the only President from Iowa but visiting this Presidential Libray was amaze you. My latest visit was to see the Cowboy Christmas exhibit. All my favorite TV Cowboys were there. The Lone Ranger, John Wayne, Cisco Kid, Hpalong Cassidy, Gene Autry, Roy Rogers. Terrifc trip dpwn memory lane. Did I mention I am 66 years old and remeber those westerns on TV. I loved Howdy Doody, Lamb Chop, Soupy Sales, Bozo the Clown and my all time favorite the Mickey Mouse Club with Annette, Cubby, Darlene and all the Mosekeeters. Who's the leader of the club..............

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Joseph R
Fort Mill, South Carolina
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Located right off I-80, this Presidential Museum is certainly worh a stop. The staff is so friendly. And you can actually walk to Herb and Lou's gravesites. Charming West Branch.

Visited August 2012
Crossett
392 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 288 helpful votes
“Herbert Hoover is a true American”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I cannot begin to describe the impact this well-done Presidential Library has had on my perspective of Herbert Hoover. He is so much more than "the President during the Depression." He was intelligent, innovative, the founder of the Boys and Girls Club, a true American. The Library and grounds are breath taking and truly preserve the essence of this great man who loved Iowa and the rest of America. I am glad that we found this out of the way museum and have learned to appreciate this President.

Visited February 2012
Rochester, MN
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“I'm a geek, I liked it”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Not a very extensive site but man did I learn a lot about Hoover! Beautiful grounds (even in the winter).

Visited December 2012