“The best hotel in town”

Novotel Palembang Hotel & Residence
Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Palembang
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We went to the hotel for a medical congress and we delighted ! The hotel staff was very helpful and had that gorgeos indonesian smile on their faces everyday no matter what. The rooms were very clean and the garden was very well designed with a nice swimming pool in the middle. The breakfast was served with a large option of local and continental food . The area of the hotel was probably the largest in Palembang. İt must be the best hotel in Palembang.

Room Tip: Garden view must be chosen

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Nice service,great breakfast menu,especially the egg corner.Good room and lot of facilities.It makes you feels like in your own house,very comfortable hotel.Overall,it's a perfect hotel to stay in Palembang.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Tommy D
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Great property and pool. Quiet resort feel with an attentive staff. Management always asking for opinions and recommendations to improve experience. Ria and Tina were very attentive and helpful. The breakfast buffet was always consistently good with a pleasant and accommodating environment and smiling staff. Rooms are well sized and the gym facilities are excellent. Probably the best place for expat long stays or foreign business travelers in Palembang.
Get a pool view room and you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Pool view is nice although garden room still quiet due to longer distance from main road to hotel.
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

I stayed with my family for 3 nights. The design of the hotel is really great and surprising. Location was also strategic which is easy to go everywhere and near the PTC mall. We also loved the room with its free wifi. Bathub was excellent although lacking some amenities. We also loved the garden view and so was the pool.

Breakfast was decent with lots of variety, sadly though we're not really sure if the cornflakes was okay, since we all had stomach problem after having the cornflakes.

The hotel staffs seemed undertraining if not stupid. Lack of anticipation, especially the restaurant staffs. The reception was not honest or unfair too. I have an Accor loyalty card, and when I presented the card I tought they would put the points according to the nights I stayed. Instead, when I got back home, they only put points for 1 night only, what a cheat! Checking out experience was also terrible. It took ages for the receptionist and the baggage service to took my calls. I had to call several times before finally picked up.

It is a shame to see the greatness of the hotel is smeared by the unprofessionality of its staffs.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank RonnC
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed in Novotel Palembang for 76 nights, and I never had any complain in this hotel. The food was nice, the room was big and clean, I really loved the view when I open may door because I can see the pool and many trees and especially all the staff in this hotel are nice and very friendly and they can speak english if you are not a native Indonesian. The design of this hotel really amazed me and I just love the ambiance, and there are so many trees so it really feels like you are not living in the city. So I can definitely recommend Novotel Palembang for those who want to relax and have a good time here in Palembang.

Room Tip: Choose a Room near the pool. It has a good view
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This hotel has a unique concept of building and garden, services has excellent, comfortable and appropiate facilities as well as the quality of food. I enjoyed the peace and quiet i needed. I'm sure i will return and stay in this hotel when I have a chance to come back to this city.

I will definitely recommend this hotel to all the travelers. I hope to get the same quality of service when I return.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stayed in Novotel Palembang only for 1 night. I've been using Novotel chain for quite sometimes now and I've been using it always during business travel. And therefore I would expect that I would get the usual business hotel with Novotel standard.
Well, I was wrong this time and I was gladly surprised with I got. The first thing is that I was amazed with its outlook from the street, it is indeed a resort rather than a business hotel. The lobby was not impressed me so much since I expected that this is a lobby of Novotel standard. The second thing that impressed me was the swimming pool. It was huge and nice. You could easily see it from the pictures. The third thing is the bedroom, it was spacious with modern design and my room was a garden-view room. It was very nice. Honestly this time I get all beyond my expectation for a business trip. The only minor point was only the bathroom which somehow looked a bit old.
I had the dinner and the breakfast here as well and I have nothing to complain.
I also liked the location. Although it is a bit on the side of Palembang but I could easily got what I wanted. I even found "Pempek Candy" just across the street. Pempek is the famous snacks from Palembang and I think Pempek Candy is the most famous one.
Well Done...